Chapter thirty

Remember; the sun shall rise again
_salamatullah

CHAPTER THIRTY

Hammad was standing at the refrigerator hours later after coming back from the Villa Palace. From the look of his eyes you’d guess how stressed he was. He didn’t even went to his wife and just laid his things on the counter, his keys, his phone and MacBook, and a bottle of water.

His wife who happened to heard sounds coming from the dining room, she knew it most be him because their daughter is probably asleep by then. Their eyes met and he quickly evade his gaze leaning a bit to give her their usual kiss. He forced a smile and ignored the fact that she really has something to say.

How’s the event?” She asked trying not to make him angry because she knows how uncontrollable he was whenever she said things that oppresses him.

Fine” he replied stressfully

Did something happen? Did my dad do you wrong or… yaya Usama?” she asked

“Beebah I am fine!” he said looking so annoyed

He sat down at the couch leaving her at the dining room. He stared at the floor before eluding his gape back to her as he heard her footsteps approaching.

She sighed and nodded her head staring at him as if he’s a new Muhammad bought from an unknown brand. He was looking pale yet irritated, he looked stressful and still trying not to show.

“Shall I serve food?” she said as she squeezed her eyes

“I am okay…I ate with your brother, usama” he replied

He bury his face in his hands and blew out a lengthy air from his mouth. He knew he shouldn’t act weird upon seeing and hearing of kulthum, now he’s more worried perhaps jealous. He honest to god, don’t want to think of kulthum right now but how he saw her and her appearance ignited the long feelings he thinks he had lost long ago.

He smiled as the thought of her flashed by his eyes. He still saw the fitted gown she wore, it was lilac in color and her complexion was way out of the word Glow. Her heels made her feet look so takeaway, and her face, her face was the real definition of healthier moisturizer. He just couldn’t take her off his mind.

Later on, he was planning to go to bed when Khairiyya replied his text messages.

5:52

Me: hey sis. Are you at kulthum’s

5:57

Me: how did you guys stay in contact with one another all this while

5:58

Me: Khairiyya we need to talk…. Please reply me

                                          11:17

Khairy: first of all, I didn’t went to kulthum’s. Secondly, we have been in contact sithen the time you left her paralyzed. And thirdly, I have nothing to discuss with you regarding kulthum, she has moved on and please don’t stab her healed wound… she has been through a lot.

11:21

Me: Khairiyya I know I wronged kulthum but please don’t be mad at me, I had my reasons for all I’ve done. Please sis, help me reconnect with her

                                             11:23

Khairy: amman Muhammad bakada kunya wlh (I swear Muhammad you don’t have shame) when that girl was in need of you the most what did you do? You left her all by herself and went to that prostitute of your wife that have no respect for you, me and hajia…. Haba Muhammad (come on, Muhammad). You see, she is happy now and I guarantee you that she wouldn’t want anything to do with you…. So let her be!