Chapter eight: officially Mr and Mrs

Try downloading a new day has come by Celine Dion

Chapter eight

Today being a Saturday and also kulthum and hammad's Nikah (wedding fatiha) , both the families were literally tied up. And now it was already 2oclock in addition the wedding was holding in the Central mosque of Musawa, katsina state.

"Alhamdulillah, a yau an daura auren Ummu-kulthum abdulhameed sa'id da Muhammad hammad sagir, abisa sadaki dubu dari lakadan ba ajalan ba (today the marriage between ummu-kulthum abdulhameed sa'id and Muhammad hammad sagir is tied, with the dowry price of hundred thousand naira lakada not ajalan)" said the imam

Hammad was on cloud nine, he couldn't stop smiling that even his friends were making light of him, he couldn't believe that his dear friend kulthum who was a dating scary cat was now officially a wife and not anyone elses wife but his. They snapshotted the beautiful moments that could never be trade for anything, family and friends were there celebrating with a photograph, capturing the glimpse of happiness and portrayal of respect.

Immediately after the photograph, they left Musawa and reyse back to the city of katsina, not so long after the drive they arrived at kulthum's place where hammad's aunties were already there waiting for the grooms to reach so that they will take the bride. Actually it's like a tradition for the sagir's family to pick the bride immediately after the nikah. And Just as anticipated, the grooms arrived same time as kulthum's dad.

Assalamualaikum" said Alhaji abdulhameed alongside Haleem and hammad, as well as his indefinite small number of friends who were looking so dashing and manly.

The few people in the main parlor who were his relatives and also Hammad's answered looking up at them, they exchanged pleasantries whilst in the contrary Alhaji abdulhameed sat on one couch adjacent to the plasma hanged positionally in the living room by which the rest sat on the carpet respectively. one of his sisters there was making fun of amma that she shouldn't cry so that her niece would not cry too and they all started to laugh enjoying the joyous stound.

Afterward in time, kulthum came out walking majestically like a royalty and her beautiful Lilac purple lace brightened her to be the elegant of them all. Fully yes, hammad was indeed speechless, he was there but his eyes were with every step she made, and her father who couldn't stop saying alhamdulillah thanking god for granting him such a favourable day of his life, stood up and rambled to his daughter who was still walking classily lighting up the room with her Elegance. He brought out his hands for her to hold and she did then move free on the feet alternatively setting each foot forward with at least one step in the ground at all time.

Amma rise from her sitting position when they finally strolled their last step, she putted kulthum's hand to hers and sat her down as well as her dad.

" alhamdulillah! Our bride is here...masha Allah" kulthum's paternal aunt spoke

"Allah yayi albarka, allah muku albarka, allah ya baku zaman lafiya, allah ya azurtaku da zuri'a dayyaba. (May the lord bless, may he bless you both, may your union be of bliss in this lifetime and the next , may he bless you with great future). Amma said and everyone in the living room answered with ameen. One of hammad's aunts came to the bride spraying perfume from a luxurious bottle and brought out an anklet made of gold and hooked it around her right ankle that was designed with a bridely temporary skin decoration made with henna.

Aunty Zainab kulthum's father's immediate sister also came with some sandalwoods and kajiji burning incense that was brought from Borno state and placed it in front of the bride, saying some du'a while holding her two beautiful hands. admittedly it scent heavenly.