Chapter thirty three

Find serenity in every situation of your life.
_salamatullah

Chapter thirty three

It was raining at night and the sound of every drop on the rooftop was making the silence more worthy. The room she was staying at was the guest room kulthum once stayed at.

The room wasn’t dusty and the serenity in the room was questionable. It was as if someone was living there. She drew a deep sigh and sat at the edge of the bed unpacking her stuffs.

You didn’t tell me your sister is coming, how do you expect me to cook?”

Khairiyya heard voices coming and it was almost audible enough for her to hear even the inhale and exhale of their breaths. She neglected and continued with unloading her things, however she suddenly catch on her brother’s say

“If you dare insult my sister again you will leave this house at once!”  Hammad’s voice was serious and scary all at once. Although, his wife has no respect towards him but his tone scared her that she instantly took some steps back looking pale and horror struck.

Khairiyya quickly dropped all she was doing and left for the living room yet saw them almost at her room’s door step that was facing the kitchen second entrance.

Hammad?”  

Hearing the name made him shivered and tilted his look to his sister’s.

“for the sake of that name don’t let the anger burning inside you made you do something you will regret anew” Khairiyya murmured and he inclined reaching out for her hand.

She holds him and that was all it took for him to began crying and sobbing like a three year old kid. She walked him to dining and made him sat on one chair while she was standing still hugging him from above.

“I missed her Khairiyya… I missed my Kulthum” he continued sobbing while his arms were wrapped around her

“She would never talk back, she would never threat me, she would always say sorry despite being the victim…. I missed her….i ruined myself khairiyya”

This time around it wasn't hammad who was crying but khairiyya. She pitied him and also wished she could set the clock of fate back and correct things even though she doesn’t know how, nevertheless she knew that kulthum deserve the better and her brother messed everything up.

They cried together and wiped out their tears together. She consoled him sufficiently that they even started joking and poking fun at each other, recalling their childhood and how strict hajia used to be after their dad kicked the bucket

She stood up and rambled to where the noodles were kept, she brought four noodles and two eggs. She on the electric cooker and brought the pot and the rest of the ingredients.

Howbeit Hammad was not a fan of such junks but it became his favorite when kulthum Introduced him to her delicious method

“let’s go to my room” Khairiyya said immediately she was done cooking.

Hammad would always tell her how he and kulthum used to eat noodles in the pot while conversing, and thoughtfully that was her plan.

As she lift the pot and went direct to the room he stood up and wandered to the fridge bringing out bottles of coke and water.

~•~

Kulthum I don’t think this outfit is nice” Hameeda who was standing by the mirror checking her out further out

“But I don’t have clothes”

The moment she said that Nadia glared at her from head to toe.

“I told you to go shopping when we were still in katsina but you said no and do things your way”

“I am sorry Nady…. I thought Khairiyya was coming with the abaya she bought for me during her Hajj” she pouted as she said

“wait! She told me that she arrived in the evening and she’s staying at Swan’s suites” Nadia said as she suddenly recalled

“then call her and ask her so that she will bring it over later” Hameeda said

“I think we should go to her instead, she must be tired ke kuwa” Nadia blurted

“Okay then…I will wait for you at home. Sai kun dawo (till you come back)” Kulthum said

Hameeda glared at her and threw her a pillow that she was holding.

“Dake za’a je aii (we are going with you)” Nadia said laughing softly

The girls left for khairiyya’s hotel after seeking Dada’s permission. Kulthum who was famished  virtually begged Nadia to halt at the Tulip bistro to grab some hamburger and bubble tea.

They arrived at the hotel khairiyya said when they were chatting with Nadia and it turned out that her phone was not reachable and they couldn’t go back because it was almost magrib and kulthum was having a talk show with the BBC Hausa at 8pm.

Let me try calling with my phone and see” Hameeda said educing her cellphone from her pocket

Spatially in two to three rings she picked and you couldn’t resist to see how they all pour their eyes on the phone waiting for her to say that she brought the dress along with her.

“Hey Khairy how are you?”

“Hameeda! Lafiya klau (good) don’t tell me you didn’t arrive yet?” She said and they all chuckled because of her tone

“No, I am here with the girls at your hotel gate for the Abaya you promised sweetie”

“ OH God. Sorry I was supposed to booked a hotel but my brother refused, I am at his place right as we speak…. Can you come over please? It’s here with me”

Before anyone amongst them answered she asked about kulthum

“But if kulthum isn’t okay with that please tell me so that I will bring out for you guys while you wait at the gate or even by a corner or something”

Frankly speaking, kulthum’s heart skips a hundred beats. She squeezed her eyes twice even though the girls didn’t see that and drew a deep breath to her lungs then exhale with an okay sigh.

“I am good Sis… Don’t worry about me” Albeit she was the one that said it was okay yet their eyes was all on her convincing her to change her decision.

Apparently, Nadia hates to see kulthum in a worry especially about hammad and it’s been a while since she got affected by that name however now she seems all good but not good

“okay, we are on our way” Hameeda said and cutted the call

“Shall we? Are you sure?”  Nadia asked again

Kulthum chuckled and looked at Nadia that was at the driver’s seat while Hameeda at the passenger’s.

“sometimes you recall the good things about the past and got excited to meet them once more. I am not scared or heartbroken anymore, I just recalled my stay in that how and that’s all

Her answer gave Nadia the zeal to proceed to going to maitama without doubt or thinking twice.

It's been a while sithen i wrote a chapter that makes me grin from ear to ear.

Alhamdulillah for the gift of life💛

Please don't forget to
Vote💛
Comment 💛
And also share💛