Apodyopsis-BFS 41

Léonce Vérene Lavigne

Going inside our home makes me feel caged once more. It's completely suffocating. That's the reason why I always stay in my room, as it's the only spot in this house where I feel secure.

Napabuga ako ng hangin nang maalala ko na naman si Avril when she first invaded my safe haven. I don't usually open my sliding door, but it was a rough day for me. Kaya naabutan niya itong nakabukas. I couldn't help but smile as I thought about how close I came to using my stun gun on her. She can't blame me for that. She broke into my room and gave me a heart attack, though it's amusing to see her reaction. She was terrified, but she was also having fun.

I forced my feet to move to get inside the house. And the woman I both love and detest has been waiting for me.

"Do you really believe I wouldn't be aware of your actions?" She spoke in the manner she usually does when acting as a lawyer in court.

Despite the fact that she always speaks to me in that manner when she doesn't like what I am doing, I still feel the effects. Her commanding voice continues to make me frightened.

"What mom?" Kahit kinakabahan, I tried to act as normal as possible but I knew mom. Hindi gagana sa kaniya.

"Stop looking for her, it's useless."

Para naman akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig na puno ng yelo. My fingers started to fidget behind me. Paano niya alam? May nag-report ba sa kaniya? Right, may mga nakamasid sa'kin, but I swear nag-ingat ako.

"I'm not." I still denied it kahit alam ko naman na nahuli niya na ako. She will never confront me if she doesn't have any proof on her sleeve.

"Oh no, don't make me look like a fool, my dear." She took a step closer to me and scowled at me. "You're the idiot in this room." She sneered as she gazed into my eyes while scrutinizing every inch of me. "Loving a crazy woman made you a fool. Look at yourself, my dear Léonce."

Wala sa sarili na naikuyom ko ang palad ko. I'm trying to remind myself that she's my mother and I need to control my temper or else mas lalo ako mahihirapan gumalaw pag ginalit ko pa siya, but I guess may hangganan din ang pagtitimpi ko.

"She is better than you! You're the crazy one, not h—" I couldn't finish my sentence when her palm touched my right cheek. I could feel the burning sensation.

"I won't allow you to find her and destroy our reputation! You'll follow my commands, am I clear?" She clenched her jaw and pointed at me.

"No, mother. That's enough. You have already run my life for too long. I am done being your puppet."

I could see the rage in her eyes and her brows quiver as she repressed her emotions. "No, my dear. Just be grateful that you're still alive."

"I will never be grateful kung ganito lang ang magiging buhay ko sa puder niyo."

I couldn't believe na nasasagot ko ngayon ang mother ko. All my life I've been a good daughter to her. Ngayon nagkaboses ako, I feel like I am alive. But, of course, I still love her. She's my mother after all. Galit lang ako dahil hindi niya ako makita as her daughter.

"Don't forget na hiram lang ang buhay mo! You should do what your kuya's responsibilities dahil kung hindi sayo, hindi sana siya mawawala!"