Apodyopsis-BFS 42

Léonce Vérene Lavigne

"Before you met her, she was clinically diagnosed with borderline personality disorder because of her chameleon personality, wherein she changes and adapts her whole personality, values in life and everything mirroring the person she likes."

I'm simply sitting here quietly listening to her. I didn't know na may ganyan history si Avril. She never mentioned it to me. Sabagay hindi kami masyado nakakapag-usap about personal and our time is not enough to know each other that well.

"Since she was a kid she has always been telling me that she idolized me, that she wanted to be like me. Nasabi niya ba sa'yo 'yon?" She gently smiled na tila may naalala.

"Yes, a lot. She loves you so much!" Sagot ko na ikinatawa ni Mrs. Samonte.

"She was a quiet child. She was never interested in playing with other children. She just plays with her twins and me, most of the time." Her lips were pursed into a fine line. "Kakasama niya sa'kin she became like me, my young self."

"What do you mean po?" I carefully asked her.

"I had this so-called exhibitionist. I liked wearing revealing clothes and I got to the point that I don't wear clothes in our house."

I remember Avril told me about this, but it was just a glimpse of it and how her mom found her cure and that's her mama.

"Then one day Avril started to wear revealing clothes. She got bullied by it. Lagi na lang siyang umuuwi na umiiyak kahit mga kambal niya nag-step up na."

She doesn't deserve all of those experiences. She's so pure. Hindi naman niya ginusto 'yon. She just loves her mom.

"At first, I assumed she was just like me, but then I noticed the differences. Kaya napilitan na akong ipatingin siya." She sighed. "I feel like I failed being a mother to her."

Mabilis na umiling ako, disagreeing with her statement. "I believe you accomplished more than that. She grew into a lovely lady."

"You think so?" I nodded with an assured smile. Natahimik siya saglit bago siya muli nagsalita. "To continue, she also loves the idea of finding her cure. Exactly like her mama to me. She first encountered Shaye at that point. She exerted every effort to persuade her to stay. Shaye, in her point of view, was the answer. Lagi niyang bukambibig si Shaye no'n at kung paano niya ito pagsilbihan. May mga times na daw na nagrereklamo sa kaniya si Shaye na nasasakal na 'to. Kahit doctor ni Avril napansin na yung ugali niya and that's when she noticed that Avril has obsessive love disorder."

I was surprised to learn how much Avril had been through. I'm not sure if I'll be grateful that she only met me a year ago, because I'm afraid I'd damage her even more if I were Shaye.

Shaye was familiar with me. Avril had already mentioned how distraught she was when Shaye left her with scandal. She was always having nightmares, so it was a good thing I was there to help her cope with them.

"I know you noticed how she behaved towards you when she first met you. She'll do anything she wants, even if it means crossing limits."

I still remember how Avril stopped me from going out on dates, entered my room without my knowledge, and simply showed up at my school to pick me up and drive me somewhere. May times nga na sumosobra siya, but I love how possessive she is to me.