CHAPTER 15

The house felt a little empty as the four of them sat for dinner. Seokjin did not realize how used to he had become with Taehyung's chatter. He was still too shy to converse with his in-laws freely even when they had shown unlimited kindness and patience with him. Over the past week, he had been so busy that he only had a few moments for himself to think quietly. He had expected himself to have sleepless nights but every night he was so exhausted that he fell asleep the moment his head hit the pillow.

The dinner was quiet and peaceful, Namjoon and his father engaging in small talks about topics from here and there, some of which he understood, some he did not and would not give a flying fuck about.

"Namjoon what are you going to wear?" Seo Hi asked, an eyebrow raised at her son. "Where?" the alpha asked mid bite. Seokjin couldn't help but giggle when the elder omega sighed, shaking her head as if she were disappointed. "We cannot have Seokjin looking like a queen and you dressed as a common peasant right? And I also wish to see you both dressed and present yourselves as a married couple, so that those snobby rich women can finally shut their mouth" she fumed. "Tomorrow we are going shopping for your fit as well". Namjoon made his way to protest but was silenced by one glare from his mother.

Seokjin gasped as Namjoon switched the lights on, casting the entire study in a yellow glow. It was larger then their bedroom, no doubt about that. The wooden floors contrasted the blue curtains covering the windows, a large wooden table, the alpha's main work desk placed close to it with a massive velvet chair placed on one side. There was another coffee table placed at a distance with two more chairs placed around it, which Seokjin presumed Namjoon used when he read for leisure. This was where Namjoon met his clients when they visited him at home regarding work. Tall and broad bookshelves were placed on both sides of the room, completely packed with books.

Namjoon smiled at the utter fascination in the omega's shining eyes as he looked around like a child. "Let me show you around" he offered. He had placed books of different genre in different sections of the bookshelves. Once Seokjin became aware of them, he would be able to pick books of his liking. He led them to first section on the right hand side, "This entire part of the study is where I keep books for enjoyment. I have read most of them but from time keep adding to the collection whenever I can" he said. "This section has only murder mysteries, like the detective ones. Extreme left has a few horror books but I am not much of a fan of those so my collection is limited" he pointed out.

Moving to the next bookshelf, "These are romance books. I think you would love reading these, some of my favorite books of all time are a part of this section" the alpha beamed. He reached out, tracing a finger over a few books before pulling one out. "Here, read this first. This was one of the books that got me into romance". Namjoon remembered, as a teenage boy, stumbling across the book at a local bookshop and had secretly brought it home. Most of his horny teenage years were spent in murder mysteries and romance. As he grew, even when his interest in mystery declined, romance remained intact. He had gradually moved on to more realistic and mature romance and truthfully, whatever he knew about omegas, came from those books and his mother and brother. Which wasn't a lot considering that they both never really openly discussed those things with him and by now he knew that everything written in books wasn't reality.