Chapter 18

A few days later..

Seokjin checked himself in the mirror again, his mother-in-law smiling at him as he kept smoothening the pants.

"You look wonderful dear" she complimented him, the young omega shyly smiling as she adjusted the pin on his hair.

Seokjin wore a blue top over black pants, matching colors with his husband. His mother-in-law had pulled him into her room, opting to do a light makeup she had learnt for him. As much as it was true that the omega did not need makeup to look pretty, there was no doubt that a subtle touch had made his features more prominent. 

"Oh dear!" I forgot to bring the pin from the other room. Wait here, I will be right back" saying so, she left him alone, disappearing after the closing the door behind her. Seokjin smiled to himself, as he picked up the blush, gently patting a small amount on his cheeks, giving them a rosy color. 

His smile faltered as memories came flooding back. Seokjin had never liked make up, but was forced to use it by his mother from a very young age. Today, it was not the case, because he wasn't dressing up to look pretty for others, but for himself. And also for Namjoon. He wanted the alpha to look at him like the way he did when their eyes met the first time at their wedding, he wanted all of his attention in the hall full of gentlemen and beautiful women. Silly, that's what he thought of this behavior, but now there was no one to stop him for acting like that.

Besides, he was getting back at the alpha for leaving him flustered a few days ago. That is what he told himself at least. A small knock sounded out the door, and he dusted his pants, clicked the handle to open the door.

"Ready to lea-" words died in his mouth as Namjoon's gaze fell on his husband. The omega look absolutely ravishing and no, he wasn't dressed like he usually did, the style of make up was different. He had purposed changed his aesthetic for the event and dare he assume, to match his own vibe. The shirt was tucked into the black pants, highlighting his tiny waist, the hair brushed neat 

Admittedly, Namjoon knew absolutely nothing about make up, which is why he regretted not listening to Taehyung rant about it when they were. But he could tell the subtle difference that the omega had made while applying it to his face. The lipstick was darker, the plump lips looking inviting as ever, tempting him further at the stretched into a shy smile, the contrary emotion leaving his heart conflicted. "I am ready" he whispered, taking hold of his arm, allowing him to guide them outside. 

Seokjin took a deep breath in, calming his nerves as they got closer to the hall

"Nervous?", his husband asked as he walked beside him, a small smile on his face. The omega nodded, clutching his arm tighter, Namjoon reaching out to gently brush his fingers in an attempt to reduce his anxiety.

"Don't worry. We won't be staying long and not many people will interact with us. Just try to enjoy your time and relax a little. Taehyung will be there to give you company" he consoled, watching Seokjin's face light up at the mention of his brother-in-law.