CHAPTER 32

"How long will you be gone?"

"I will home by tomorrow night Kookie" Seokjin answered, a smile gracing his lips at the worry that not so subtly was visible on the young alpha's face. His eyebrows were drawn together, lips pressed in a small pout as he seemed deep in thought. 

The event was exclusively for omegas of elite families of the country and it was a tradition started by the late omega queen and was being continued by the current one. Seokjin's maternal family, although extremely wealthy, were not part of the elite team and even if they were, there were no married omegas in the family that could attend the event. 

It was a lavish two day affair and according to what he had been briefed about by his mother-in-law, the first night would be the actual ceremony, while the next day will be spent feasting, playing games and spending time together as married omegas. 

All the omegas were to report to the palace at late evening and special palanquins had been prepared for every omega for transportation to the Gem Palace, the getaway palace for the King and Queen where Queen Jo Bo Ah would be waiting for them. The celebrations would begin on the arrival of all omegas. 

Since it was an extravagant affair, all omega dressed in traditional Korean hanboks. It gave them an opportunity to show of their evident feminine side, at least that is what the previous queen had stated. With great care, Seokjin had spent five days finalizing the outfits and jewelry along with his mother-in-law, noting down every tiny detail about the things she talked about regarding the ceremony. 

"Okay. I hope you have fun and be careful please" he muttered. It was still endearing how Jungkook always thought of Seokjin's wellbeing even when so many years passed by. "I will" the elder assured him, patting the tuft of black hair. 

"And if anyone is extra mean?" he asked, making the omega's eyes roll at the annoying but supposedly important rule. "I must be nice and kind to them" he forced out, huffing and twirling the stool around. 

"Not at all dear".

Seokjin and Jungkook looked towards the door, eyes wide, startled by the voice. Seo Hi grinned at them, walking into the room, making way towards her son-in-law as the alpha servant bowed and stepped away. 

Plucking the comb from Seokjin's hand, she turned the stool so that they were facing the mirror, brushing through his hair. "You do not always have to be nice and kind to them. There will be omegas of all the other important families in the Kingdom present there, and as a much experienced attendee, most of them will try to undermine your status. Don't let them do that".

She gripped his shoulders, mischievously glinting orange eyes meeting his in the mirror, "You are a part of Kims of Ilsan now, the husband of the heir to this immense wealth and prosperity. Take pride in it, be haughty if you must but do not let them mock you ever. Stand tall and proud because all of them, even if they try, will never be able to match your beauty and status" Seo Hi said, smirking at the determination that shone in the omega's eyes. 

"But I also want to tell you that try to make friends. Not all are stuck up. Loosen yourself a little tomorrow and chat freely with the omegas that you think would be nice friends. I too found some of my most precious friends in one of the meetings. Give yourself time to settle in and ease into the atmosphere. You are a smart omega, so I know that it will not take you long to understand. And if you need anything, Tae will be there to guide you ".

"Now, me and Jungkook will leave you to apply the finishing touches. Your baggage has been sent with the servants and Namjoon has already called for the carriage. Let me know if you need anything else". Saying so she walked out, the young alpha following her after directing a brief smile at his hyung.