Vol. 2 Chapter 13 - Face is The Scary Thing

* * * * *

No one suspected me of suddenly going to the temple.

When I said I’d go to the temple, I was concerned Camilla would pick on me, but Camilla was busy since she talked to the Vassals.

Maybe she thought my faith had deepened after spending a month in the monastery.

Shannon, on the other hand, trailed me like a shadow.

“It’s been a while, Priest Aaron.”

“Oh my, Lady Selina.”

When I was a trainee, I stopped by Western Great Hall for a bit before being assigned to assist with the Martial Arts Competition.

It’s an unfamiliar place to me, but Shannon was more unfamiliar to it than me.

She had a very difficult time in the unfamiliar atmosphere as if she had not come to the temple often.

“How long has it been since we last saw each other? Are you here to pray?”

“Yes, my uncle went on an inspection, but I’m worried because I haven’t heard from him.”

“How are you able to be so generous?

Shannon, who had been trailing me, came to a halt in front of the priest.

It was both amusing and endearing.

“But who is this?”

“……”

I could see Shannon hesitate beneath the navy robe, so I introduced Shannon to the priest instead.

“She’s my younger sister.”

“Oh, I see.”

Shannon should have said hello if I had given her such a brief introduction, but she just stood there quietly.

‘What’s the matter with her?’

I’m not sure if she was just embarrassed, but I poked Shannon on the side, who was dazed.

Shannon only said hello in her crawling voice after that.

“My name is Shannon Berry, and I’m from the Crawford family.”

“Oh, Haha, Lady Berry, good to meet you……”

The nervously smiling apprentice priest hurriedly turned to face me.

“You must visit with the High Priest.”

“No. He must be quite busy. I shouldn’t be bothering him.”

“What do you mean bothering, Lady? You’re not bothersome in the slightest. You should pay a visit to the high priest in the Confession Room.”

When I heard Franz was in the Confession Room, I felt a little bad.

‘Does it have anything to do with the sausage?’

I’m glad I didn’t bring any of the jalapeno sausage he mentioned.

“Oh, Lady Selina, how delighted he would be to see you.”

“Thank you, Priest Aaron.”

“Don’t mention it.”

The apprentice priest guided us to the Confession Room and then vanished busily.

“Who are you referring to as your sister?”

Shannon, who was trailing behind, grumbled.

“Did you say something?”

Shannon had closed her mouth as though she had groaned as I turned my gaze.