Vol. 3 Chapter 12 - Please Put Your Imprint On Me

Cedric made his way back to the Countdom.

“Uncle, you don’t seem to be feeling well.”

“Selina.”

Cedric, who had returned from the barbarians’ reconnaissance, had a gloomy countenance. It was as if something had gone horribly wrong.

Moreover, the rumors spread out about the Grandson family abruptly terminating the agricultural contract as the impact of Camilla’s rejection for remarry to the Old Count Grandson.

Camilla, who had to clarify the rumors in this situation, left the Countdom once more and went hunting.

‘That’s how she hides herself.’

Tsk tsk.

Even if Cedric went wild and enraged because of this, I could understand him.

‘That’s why you should make plans to chase Camilla out as soon as possible.’

Cedric, on the other hand, who is a model of impartiality, is incapable of devising such a scheme.

I’m not sure how long he’ll put up with her behavior.

“You… Selina, are you stuttering again?”

“Yes? Me?”

I encountered his anxious glance at that very moment.

I remember the time I stuttered when I saw him off with Camilla next to me.

Then I quickly act out as a tragic heroine.

“That… I don’t typically stutter like that, but I don’t know why I constantly stutter when my mother is nearby.”

Cedric’s brow furrowed in response to my comment.

“William says the Countess scolded you a lot while I was away. That’s… Is that the reason?”

“I was hit a lot. Because of it, my bones still hurt on rainy days.”

I said bitterly, glancing aside as if reminiscing.

“As you said, Uncle, I’m sure my Mother is doing it for my sake. There’s no way My Mother would intentionally abuse me.”

I chose the word ‘abuse’ on purpose.

Cedric’s face became white, then crimson, as I could see through the mirrored window. His face was a total mess.

He appeared to be on the verge of taking Camilla into prison.

‘Don’t be swayed. He’s just pretending to be worried.’

I know another bystander, who overlooked violence, under the pretext of maintaining neutrality.

That person was my school’s dean.

Because of the nature of art college, the Department of Theater and Film was known for its strict discipline.

If the bully gets to the point of violence, they would interrupt it, but that person ignores it and pretends not to notice.

I was an outcast until I was a senior, but the bullies were never punished. This condition persisted till I graduated.

‘Those are the people I despise the most.’

When are you going to stop being so indecisive?

Cedric was, obviously, the supporting character I despised the most.

* * * * *

As night fell, the Countdom’s lights went out one by one, leaving just the bare necessities.