Vol. 10 Chapter 18 - Reunion of the separated families

⇺⇺⇺⇼⇻⇻⇻

This too was his embrace, as just moments ago, I had moved as helplessly as a child held by a parent.

We both caught our breath momentarily as our lips met, savoring each other’s taste.

When I slightly opened my eyes, I noticed his furrowed brows trembling.

He was worrying about our relationship, about how challenging it must have been for him.

It was evident in his palpable tension.

As he parted his lips from mine without any intention of hiding it, he let out a long sigh against my neck.

“You’ve improved……”

I tried to lighten the heavy atmosphere with a playful tone, but he didn’t respond at all.

“Selina.”

Unbeknownst to me, his beautiful blue eyes suddenly focused on me with a persistence reminiscent of a predator chasing its prey.

The way he looked at me was even more burning than before.

“I can’t give you up.”

Intuitively, I realized that our recent kiss had been quite shocking to him, and it had become the catalyst for some sort of “choice” that Valhail had made.

“I can’t just hope you’ll choose me as if you have no one but me.”

From my hair, eyes, cheeks, lips, and down to my neck…… There was no place on my body where his gaze did not reach.

“Everything about you shakes my abyss, and makes me someone other than myself.”

His eyes trembled as if beyond his control.

“Run, Selina.”

His voice was urgent.

“From me, who wants to keep you where no one else can see you.”

His lips, moist from my influence, spoke earnestly.

“I want to monopolize even a strand of your hair, don’t run from me.”

He warned with an infinitely tender voice.

“Otherwise, I might steal you… take you to the abyss with me.”

It was a long night.

Valhail, after much contemplation, finally drew the bowstring of destiny that he had been struggling to hold onto.

The target that his arrow of steel-like determination was aimed at was none other than me.

Kindly leave any comments, please.
For any mistakes errors and issues
Please contact me through discord