Vol. 1 Chapter 13 - Persistence Tragical Story is a Big No

“How dare you seduce my son?”

“Uh-uh, m-mother, uh-he-uh, no, uh-uh, r-read him a book, Eddie…Argh!”

“What, you’re a stutterer, can you even read well!? Ha! Someone like you!?”

Camilla, who could be a little self-conscious and self-controlled, explodes when Adrian gets involved. She’s a little more worked up than usual.

“Where did you learn to do dirty things and summon your little brother to the bedroom, like a whore?”

Adrian was the only child Camilla relied on and adored. Her depth of affection for Adrian was different from Shannon’s.

Selina was aware of this, so she avoided getting too close to him, but she couldn’t stop a child who considered herself to be his own sister from approaching her and asking her to read a book.

“Mother, oh Mother! I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry! I was wrong! Argh!”

The brutal beating didn’t stop once it began. And eventually, the harsh whipping quickly knocked Selina out.

Adrian adored Selina so much that he became more obedient to her than to his biological sister.

As a result, Camilla always beats Selina whenever she gets entangled with Adrian.

‘Adrian Berry.’

The surname “Berry” was given to children born in the west. Shannon’s full name, like Adrina’s, was Shannon Berry.

Camilla had no choice but to raise her son as an illegitimate child.

For Camila, Adrian was her biggest traitor.

‘That’s why Camilla despised Selina so much more.’

Perhaps she was afraid that his son would die while attempting to protect Selina.

In the original story, Adrian died in a tragic accident when Selina’s carriage was attacked while she was selling to the Grand Duke.

Camilla blamed Selina for her son’s death as a result.

‘Does Adrian have a reason to write me a letter?’

Curiosity got the better of me, and I quickly unsealed the seal and opened the letter.

The content was brief and to the point.

[I miss you. Forgive me.]

‘What exactly is this?’

I looked at the back and forth of the letter, but that was all there was to it.

I got a chill for no apparent reason, so I burned the letter right away.

I was able to escape the rooftop full of cages only after I double-checked that the paper was completely gone and the black ash was flying away.

I went down the tower, feeling uneasy, and clicked my tongue inside.

‘As one would expect, Camilla has a good hunch.’

Is it normal for a younger brother to write such a letter to his older sister?

Did he feel relieved when he realized I was still alive?

Even more so when we don’t share a single drop of blood?

‘So, why are you so beautiful that you’re causing all of this havoc?’

While admiring a slight reflection of my face with the silver candle, I remembered Adrian’s final line from the original story.