Vol. 5 Chapter 1 - Finding The Missing Tyrant

5. Find The Missing Tyrant

I basically had to look up his name on the royal family bloodline all this time.

That’s why I couldn’t immediately identify his name.

Because I didn’t consider it to be reasonable…… for the king to lost his memory, wandered into enemy territory, and became a Toono.

‘He was the king.’

But, if Valhail was indeed the king, wouldn’t Cedric recognize him?

I meant it’s been a long time since Cedric indulged himself on the battlefield.

From what I can see, Cedric doesn’t appear to recognize Valhail.’

Cedric did nothing but marvel at Valhail’s abilities. As if he had no idea where such an outstanding warrior came from.

I told Cedric that Valhail was a Toono who had been taken as a prisoner of war from the principality, but Cedric showed no bad feelings toward Valhail.

Cedric even convinced me that the present was more important than Valhail’s past involvement in the wars.

‘……when I heard him say that, I believed he could be a good leader for the family.’

Cedric is a young man with old-fashioned principles who is occasionally unexpectedly open-minded.

Leaving aside the problematic human being Cedric, I reach for the book containing the spy’s record.

Fortunately, Valhto Heinrich was mentioned in the first chapter of the lengthy book.

‘……missing.’

It has been reported that he has been missing for five years.

This coincided with Valhail’s arrival in the Empire.

‘The cease-fire was also declared five years ago.’

Even though they may have won the war, the principality had no option but to end it.

Because their monarch suddenly disappeared.

In exchange for the cease-fire, the empire acknowledged the principality’s monarch as a king.

In this regard, it is the same as the empire recognizing the principality as a kingdom.

Didn’t they say the king was missing?

Yes, that’s right. Their king has been wandering around here.

I spent the entire night reading the spy’s report and became sure that Valhail is, in indeed, the principality’s monarch.

There were several explanations behind this.

First, Valhto Heinrich is claimed to have worn a helmet because he was a child soldier.

Valhto is claimed to have always worn a steel helmet with giant deer antlers, as the golden deer symbolized the principality’s royal family.

Because he wore it so frequently, people labeled him “The Steel Monarch.”

The nickname became his trademark, which perhaps led him to wear the steel helmet even while he was with his personal aides.

‘Or was he attempting to avoid assassination?’

Because he has a slew of enemies.

There was also a rumor that Valhto grew up as an ugly man who had no choice but to wear a helmet since he was a child.