Vol. 10 Chapter 15 - Reunion of the separated families

The girl with a secret of birth.

However, being the protagonist was not as enjoyable as I had imagined.

Perhaps my mood was quite evident because Valhail’s cold hand covered my cheek like a fragile, ailing bird.

It felt like she was looking down at me with pity in his eyes.

“Are you sympathizing with me?”

“If you want to call it that, are you uncomfortable?”

His normally low voice took on a more sensitive tone, drilling into my ears.

I closed my eyes briefly to savor that gentle resonance and then opened them again.

“No.”

Since he had given an honest answer, I decided to be honest as well.

Just for today, I could accept Valhail’s sympathy with gratitude.

“I believe your compassion is sincere. So, it’s okay.”

His long fingers gently brushed through my golden hair scattered on the white pillow.

Buried my face in the pillow next to him, I remained motionless and accepted his touch.

“The pitiful and powerless Count Lady you see tonight will be the last. Feel free to pity me as much as you want.”

At my playful words, he let out a low chuckle.

“Who pities someone higher than themselves? Only an ignorant person would do that.”

His tone was affectionate, like comforting a wounded child.

Knowing him as I did, I could sense warmth in his blunt expression.

However, it seemed that comforting people wasn’t exactly Valhail’s strong suit.

His hesitant, awkward attempt at brushing away a stray strand of my hair felt oddly endearing to me.

I couldn’t help but glance at him as if he were a puzzle I couldn’t quite figure out.

“Do I appear to you as someone higher than you?”

Having witnessed firsthand how Camilla treated me like a mere possession.

Camilla, who had gained power over Ha-Ra, had even promised to offer me a bargain with him.

Nevertheless, it was still surprising that he continued to see me as a person, and the fact that he regarded me with such precious eyes was astonishing.

“To me, you’re like the sun in the sky, Selina.”

He whispered softly in our dimly lit room.

“So blindingly radiant that I dare not look at you…… It’s almost overwhelming.”

It wasn’t an exaggeration.

Trapped within the cobalt blue depths of his beautiful eyes, I truly felt like a midday sun.

“It’s just a pity that I am burning alone.”

I wonder if Valhail was saying this intentionally.

The sun, it will self-immolate someday. It may be billions of years from now, but even the greatest star cannot avoid its ultimate demise.

It was a grand celestial body that could never be gazed upon directly and would eventually self-destruct.

I remained silent under his sympathetic gaze, my helplessness apparent.

Instead, I grabbed his shirt, pulling him close.

His lips brushed lightly against mine before retreating.

“Selina.”

Today, it seemed Valhail had little interest in our physical intimacy.

His genuine focus was on comforting me.

“If I could reach you… I wouldn’t mind becoming a mere speck of dust.”

“My sun.”

“……”

“My goddess.”

It was unbelievable that such sweet words had come from his mouth.

This was the same man who had once been known as the fierce warrior.

I began to doubt if the person I knew was still the same.

“I’m not a goddess, you know.”

“Yeah, I know.”

He chuckled slightly at my slightly annoyed expression.

“If you were a real goddess, I probably would have sacrificed myself countless times by now.”

He offered his slightly parted lips to me like an offering.

The soft, plush sensation lightly touched my tongue before retreating.

Sigh…”

Lips this sweet can only mean that what he said is true.

“Even if it meant worshipping you until I fell into the abyss.”

He slowly detached his upper body and gently wiped my lips clean.

It was a touch filled with regret, but there was a resolute determination that he wouldn’t pursue me further tonight.

It appeared that he was quite conscious of my subpar condition.

After a while of not taking his eyes off my lips, he took a step back and sat on the edge of the bed.

Then, he rummaged through his chest and handed me something.

“Something you might like.”

I reached out my hand, which had been tucked under the blanket, and he gave me a piece of paper.

“The rough texture of this… It’s Penny’s letter.”

I roughly opened it, and this time, it was a pictorial letter that needed deciphering.

Colorful figures were crying, getting angry, and fighting. There was also a baby.

“She seemed to be worried about you a lot.”

If it’s Penny, it’s understandable.

Even without further examination, I knew the content of the letter well.

“Is it about that woman from the hunting grounds?”

“Most likely.”

Penny had figured out what weakness the woman from the hunting grounds had exploited in Camilla.

‘I’ll ask Fiona to read it tomorrow.’

I thought as I sealed the letter and placed it on the shelf.

It appeared that to improve my somewhat low mood, gazing at a handsome face was the best solution, so I silently enjoyed Valhail’s presence.

‘How can his skin be so flawless?’

His clean and even forehead, along with his strong, thick eyebrows, gave him a striking and powerful appearance.

Even if you dissected his features individually, they were all exceptional.

He clenched his fist and cleared his throat softly, seemingly concerned about my subdued expression even after receiving Penny’s letter, which I usually liked.

“…… I’m okay.”

“You don’t look okay.”

Valhail furrowed his brow slightly.

“Is there something I can’t help with?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine once I sleep and wake up. It’s just an emotional issue.”

⇺⇺⇺⇼⇻⇻⇻

Kindly leave any comments, please.
For any mistakes errors and issues
Please contact me through discord