Vol. 11 Chapter 1 - The Heretic's Possession

The usually quiet Count’s Mansion had been noisy since morning.

Fiona, who had figured out the reason, closed the bedroom door with a surprised expression.

“What’s going on?”

“My Lady, don’t be too shocked.”

Fiona said, swallowing hard and lowering her voice.

“Charles said that in the morning, he saw the Commander waking up on the garden floor.”

“My uncle?”

“Yes. He was completely drunk and it seems he fell from the window but just slept there.”

What?

“There’s no way he would fall from the window and just sleep there…… Maybe he just must have fallen asleep there while taking a walk.”

I had seen men who slept on the street after getting drunk for quite some time.

Among those who stayed until the end of the drinking party and became like dogs, there was a particular group that couldn’t control themselves.

“No, My Lady. The window of the Commander’s bedroom is shattered, and the garden bench is in pieces.”

“…… Is Uncle okay?”

“Yes, that’s the really surprising part.”

Fiona’s eyes widened and she whispered.

“We called two doctors, and believe it or not, there isn’t a single significant injury on the Commander’s body.”

…… But Cedric’s bedroom on the fourth floor?

He fell from there in the middle of the night, and the bench turned into dust, but he’s completely unharmed!?

“Everyone is truly shocked. Some even suspect heretic sorcery. They say he’s become immortal… You’ve heard about it too, haven’t you?”

“……”

I was so bewildered that I lost my words.

While I was sleeping without knowing anything, Cedric drank himself to death and jumped out of the window.

‘It’s funny that he just fell asleep and got caught by Charles.’

In a situation where they were suspecting that he might have been called by the devil without a single broken bone, it was all just amusing.

‘Tsk, tsk.’

Internally, I clucked my tongue and handed the letter that Valhail had exchanged with me the previous night to Fiona.

“Could you please read this for me? It’s from Penny.”

“She’s been sending letters within just a few days. Penny eonni is really diligent.”

Of course, she is. Whose order is it, after all?

⇺⇺⇺⇼⇻⇻⇻

Kindly leave any comments, please.
For any mistakes errors and issues
Please contact me through discord