Vol. 1 Chapter 10 - Persistence Tragical Story is a Big No

* * * * *

For the first time, the ‘Berserker’ man was given a break.

‘They treat him better because the man is going to play an important match.’

The martial arts competition was coming to an end, so the dungeon was quiet.

With plenty of time on my hands, I went to the quarantine room just in case.

‘Maybe the priest will treat him again because he is the runner-up, right?’

I tried to believe it, but the man’s treatment was still deplorable.

He was on the floor, not even away from the stretcher.

He still held a knife in his hand.

They simply placed him in front of the door as if he were a delivery box and fled.

‘…… I knew it.’

I wiped the bloodstains away with warm water and a clean cloth from the infirmary.

In hindsight, the bleeding had not stopped.

The man licked his lip, oblivious to my touch, which might have hurt him a little.

“What did you say?”

I could barely get my ear close enough to hear what he was saying.

“Get…out…”

The cracked and muddled voice was pitiful. It sounded like the last growl of a wounded wild dog.

Despicable but not frightening, so poor and pitiful…

Just by looking at his condition, I couldn’t believe this man had won the match and returned.

“First, let’s put the knife down.”

He clenched the knife tighter in his hand, as if in defiance.

That was it, though.

“Aren’t you going to let it go?”

The man quickly relaxed his grip on the knife handle as I pushed my finger through his fist.

‘His fist is twice the size of mine.’

The knife landed on the floor with a thud.

I pushed the weapon into a corner, soaked a cloth in warm water, and wiped the man’s bloodstains away.

Then he flinched, his calloused fingers flinched.

“Is it painful?”

“……”

It’s natural that it hurts. His body had been ripped to shreds. It was a ridiculous question.

For a brief moment, I considered a drug that could alleviate the man’s suffering.

‘Poppy juice!’

Because it is quite costly, the dungeon did not provide it.

‘However, I believe I saw some in the infirmary.’

The man grabbed the hem of my clothes as soon as I tried to stand up. It was truly a beast-like reaction.

“I’ll go get you some medication.”

The man’s unstable breathing then came to a halt for a brief moment.

“I’ll be right there.”

He didn’t, however, let go of his hand.