Vol. 4 Chapter 3 - I picked it up without even realizing it

I pushed myself to stand up.

And then I took a look at my calves and thighs in front of a full-body mirror……

“I indeed get hit a lot.”

The whip didn’t cause much pain, but the scars it left were far worse than the pain.

‘Anyone who sees this would think I was hit with a stick.’

I went to my wardrobe and selected the most revealing of my daily dresses.

The dress was revealing enough to show the scars on my calves, neck, and shoulder.

‘For the time being, I should wear this one.’

I could use the magic stones to heal these scars, but I opted not to.

“My Lady!”

Penny rushed in, her eyes swollen, as she entered the bedroom and saw me standing there.

“How are you feeling, My Lady? I’m sure it hurts a lot.”

“I could handle it better than I thought. How about Mother?”

Penny swiftly placed me on the bed and answered my calm question.

“Madam is keeping low for the time being. The Commander called me and asked me if you were beaten a lot by Madam.”

It went just as planned.

Despite the fact that I saw Valhail often, I never did anything inappropriate with him.

And since I’d already told Cedric about everything, I wouldn’t have to worry about being caught.

“The Commander said that Madam will come and apologize when you’re conscious, My Lady.

Well, okay then.

“To be honest…… I was also concerned that the Commander might misunderstand you, My Lady.”

“I know.”

“However, the Commander chastised the Madam, stating there was no way you could have done anything so immoral.”

Smirk- 

Without realizing it, a smirk appeared on my face.

“My Lady, what exactly did you say to the Commander?”

“All I said was……”

* * * * *

“How can you have such a silly misunderstanding and hit a vulnerable child like that!”

“It was natural for me to discipline her as her mother. Cedric, it wasn’t a silly misunderstanding.”

Cedric had caught Camilla flogging Selina, but Camilla remained confident.

“You probably don’t know, but Selina has been seeing that guy every night and has a secret love affair with him. That’s not what a decent lady should do.”