Vol. 2 Chapter 9 - Face is The Scary Thing

She definitely said that at the time.

“But I couldn’t pretend not to know, at the thought of the late Countess, your dead mother.”

Don’t tell me, Penny knew that Camilla killed Joanna?

Even if I heard the answer right now, I couldn’t tell if it was all true.

“I would have been punished for destroying your dress if it hadn’t been for your advice, my Lady.”

I slowly turned away from the window because the sun was so intense.

“Did you rip it apart?”

“No! It’s not my doing! That’s impossible for me to do, my Lady.”

Penny leapt out of her seat.

Well, I simply said it out of the blue…… I’m even more eager to tease her if she reacts like this

“Madam tried to put the blame on me. And Madam finally found that Emma was the culprit, however……”

“But, according to Emma, you were the one who did it.”

“Oh, my goodness. How could she be so brazen? It’s a lie! She definitely lied!”

Penny’s face became flushed.

“I know. You weren’t the one who did it.”

“Thank you…… for believing me, my Lady.”

Her feelings were shown intact, perhaps because she is still young.

Only Penny was as pure as white paper in this Countdom, where everyone wears masks.

* * * * *

In a room that resembles a warehouse.

Camila was basking in the fireplace, sitting in a velvet chair that didn’t fit her surroundings at all.

“Would you let Selina stay there no matter how much she wanted to if you truly thought of her as your biological daughter?”

“What’s the problem with the annex? It’s a place where a lady can reside in complete comfort.”

“What? What are you talking about? Then you should go there and try to stay!”

Camilla eventually ended up like this as a result of her futile attempt to preserve her pride.

Camilla clenched her teeth.

‘How dare you kick the owner out of the bedroom?’

In any case, the Vassals will not remain silent on this issue.

They were first opposed, claiming that they couldn’t trust strangers to lead the house, but after tasting the money, they changed their minds.

Camilla planned to stay until the Vassals stepped up.

‘Cedric will undoubtedly apologize to me.’

He didn’t usually ask, but what great interest he suddenly had in Selina?

Camilla, who was full of grudge, vowed revenge as she watched the burning flames.

A knock came from outside at that moment.

“Madam, it’s me. May I come in?”

It was Emma.

Emma was visiting Camilla more than Shannon these days, begging her to kick Penny out.

Camilla refused to let her in since she was irritated by the bedroom problem.

Emma sneaked inside the bedroom while the servants were rearranging large pieces of furniture.