Vol. 5 Chapter 2 - Finding The Missing Tyrant

⇺⇺⇺⇼⇻⇻⇻

Slice, slice, slice.

My hand was powerless as it cut the tender meat into little pieces.

Despite the fact that the lamb ribs, which were roasted in the oven with a lot of herbs, were delicate and fragrant, I had no appetite.

‘Do I have to see her face when I’m eating?’

At the dinner which I thought would be only between me and Cedric, Camilla also present.

Not only that, but she sat right across from me. Cedric seems to have arranged the dinner in order to reconcile me and Camilla.

What a beautiful idea.

Bringing the victim and the perpetrator together?

‘Does he really have no brain, huh?’

Cedric, who had no idea how I felt, spoke to me.

“He went to the temple already, Selina.”

Camilla’s hand that was moving the knife suddenly came to a halt.

For a brief minute, I wondered what the topic of the conversation was that elicited Camilla’s reaction, but I soon realized.

“Va…… Valhail?”

Camilla squinted her eyes exactly what I expected when I spoke his name on purpose.

Camilla couldn’t hide her anxious face when Valhail’s name was brought up in conversation.

‘It seems that she really wants him.’

She seemed to be worried since she couldn’t bring him to her side quickly.

‘I don’t think she’ll be able to handle this topic well.’

I opened my lips, seeming to be surprised, while I intently observed her expression.

“H-how can he a-already……”

“It’s all thanks to you, Selina.”

Cedric looked genuinely relieved as if he had shaken off all his troubles.

“It’s all because of your relentless persuasion on his part.”

This was a complete surprise to me.

‘He went to the temple after only a day?’

He was a proud man who detested the temple.

But after hearing me say it last night, he went right to the temple this morning.

‘To be honest, I felt I should try to persuade him a few more times.’

I had no idea he’d move that fast.

‘I guess that’s why this uncle has been joyful since before.’

Because he no longer had to worry about the temple and might be able to convince him to join the White Eagle Knights.

However, I was concerned about Valhail.

How did he seek forgiveness from that fanatical group, the holy knights?

‘Maximus…… at the time, his eyes were like a lunatic.’

Even in my dream, his piercing red eyes staring at me were terrifying.

I didn’t think that man would be so easy to handle……

“Tha-that’s great.”

“Yes. With such a talent, the level of the knights also will grow.”