Vol. 3 Chapter 3 - Please Put Your Imprint On Me

It was not like him, but the conversation continued round and round.

He praised how brave the warrior who helped him was and was just enough to willingly help the strangers he encountered on the street and had great force.

“So…?”

“Hmm, that’s why I was thinking of inviting him to join our Knights.”

“Yes… That would be great.”

“By the way, that doesn’t mean he wants to give his life to our Crawford family.”

It was because of the time when the White Eagle Knights were driven to disadvantage, being outnumbered and overpowered, helped by the Countess.

Cedric’s eyes twinkled as he recalled the moment.

He knelt down on one knee and said, with an old sword on the dirt floor.

“I am fine to be the tail. Even if I am called a servant, I am willing to……”

“But how can I let such a talent rot as a tail?”

Anyway, Cedric recommended that stranger to join the knights.

” So just… since the position of the castle outskirt guard is vacant. ”

As I listened to Cedric’s explanation, my heart began to pound.

“If someone like him with a strong force protects the Countdom, there’s no need to worry about the safety of the Countdom.”

“……”

“He even said he doesn’t need to get paid if we let him stay in the Countdom.”

I blinked my eyes like a doll.

“So, I want him to join the Knights of White Eagle and serve as the outer guard.”

A faint shiver ran down his spine.

As I listened to the story, I automatically thought of him.

‘Don’t tell me…’

Don’t tell me, it was him? He came all the way here to find me?

“But Camilla strongly objected to it… so he’s staying in the village now.”

“Why is she against it?”

” Well, it’s because of his origin.”

Cedric took a sip of the water, feeling thirsty.

“You may don’t know about it, but he’s an ex-Toono.”

I bewildered, covering my mouth with both hands, while Cedric kept talking as he looked at my reaction.

“He has no name, and he said he doesn’t even know why he was in prison.”

“……”

“Perhaps he is trying to deceive me because he has committed a great sin that he cannot bear to reveal. But.”

“……”

“But……”

Cedric tried to find plausible reasons to support his judgment. However, it was not easy to explain to others the decision made by his own intuition.

After rolling his eyes, he finally gave up and opened his mouth with a sigh.

“No matter how you look at it, he doesn’t seem like that kind of person.”

I admired Cedric for the first time.

For his judgement.

“Selina, if you oppose him, I will not bring him into the count.”