Vol. 5 Chapter 22 - Finding The Missing Tyrant

⇺⇺⇺⇼⇻⇻⇻

“The Marquis of Whiterot?”

“Yeah.”

I went back to my bedroom as soon as dinner was finished to find Penny.

Despite being a commoner, she has lived in the county for over ten years.

Penny was familiar with most of the aristocrats’ names and gossip. Penny provided the majority of the social information I knew in the West.

“Do you know who it is?”

“Ugh, my lady, I know him.”

The Marquis of Whiterot was famous here not because of his interactions with the Count of Crowford or anything else, but because he was a man of great fame.

“The Marquis has already married six brides, all of whom are missing.”

“What?”

“There is a rumor that he sacrifices his wife as a devil’s sacrifice, and that they fled at night due to the frequent beating.”

The Marquis of Whiterot was a bloodthirsty nobleman.

“He’s so cold-hearted that even his wives call him ‘The Marquis of Shadow.'”

I was well aware of how proud and exclusive the North’s nobles were.

All year, the north was cold and desolate. Perhaps this is why the rumors in the area were partly exaggerated.

But the Marquis Whiterot appeared to be in serious trouble.

Despite careful consideration, the scandal surrounding the Marquis of the Shadow was endless.

“The Marquis is said to have hundreds of extremely fierce hounds that feed on human bodies.”

The more I heard, the worse he sounded.

The Marquis of Whiterot.

“What is the Marquis’s age?”

“He’s probably in his late forties.”

Shannon was seventeen years old.

‘Really…… isn’t that insane?’

Is she serious about marrying her real daughter to such an obscene jerk?

The more I thought about it, the more disgusting she became, to the point where it hurt my head.

“But why did you inquire, lady?”

“Mother said she’ll put in a proposal for him.”

“What?”

Penny, startled, dropped the comb she was holding.

“It’s Shannon, not me.”

“Ah.”

Penny, relieved, quickly picked up the comb and began brushing my hair again.

“I’m sorry to hear that, it must be cold.”

Her voice didn’t sound pitiful at all when she said that.

⇺⇺⇺⇼⇻⇻⇻

Late at night.

I sneaked into Cedric’s study.

For the first time in a long time, he was looking through the Crawford family papers.

“Please wait a moment, Selina.”

“Indeed, uncle.”

My tongue fluttered when I saw a massive pile of paper piled up on both sides.

‘You must have a lot of work to do now that you’re taking care of the family.’

Fortunately, he got up from his seat after a while.

He was pouring water into the glass on the table as if thirsty, but he stopped and took out a small water bottle from under the desk.

‘What is it?’

It was similar to a portable water bottle. He sat in front of me after drinking the water and organizing the documents.

“I’ll have to send out all the servants.”

Ah.

I discovered the answer while wondering why he didn’t drink the water on his table. Cedric was fully cognizant of the poisoning attempt.

He suspected Camilla’s orders had poisoned him, so he tried to expel all of the servants.

“That’s a good idea.”

We can replace the people while Camilla is in the capital. Of course, she’ll bring the butler with her to the capital.

“You must also change the chef.”

“Yes, I should get rid of all the poisonous weeds in the garden.”

Cedric gritted his teeth and stared out the window as if he was angry every time he saw it.

“Do I really have to go hunting with the Countess, Selina?”

“You made a promise to her.”

Sigh.”

Just thinking about spending time with Camilla alone made Cedric look bad.

“When Mother went hunting, she usually stayed for at least 15 days.”

There must be a villa somewhere in the hunting grounds.

Isn’t there evidence of an affair between the butler and Camilla in that villa?

“Whether it was a ring or a necklace with paintings of each other. I’m not sure if there’s anyone who can at least stand up for it.”

I had to go through it once to gather evidence.

Because the temple was in charge, the trial required perfect evidence.

Though I can flee like a loach because I can annul my father and birth mother’s marriage……

‘How could I go to the capital alone and eat and live well?’

I could do it with just that, but it wouldn’t be good for this poor uncle’s future.

“I believe we also require a spy, Uncle.”

“Spy? That’s… Isn’t that a little dirty?”

Tsk, tsk.

Did he miss out on the bitter taste of poison? I can’t believe he’s still talking about it.

“But so far, all castle attendees have served as my mother’s eyes and ears.”

Camilla was the one who bought people with money and power.

I drove a wedge at Cedric, who was still unsure.

“Don’t be worried. I’ve already found someone I can rely on.”

The tyrant who rolled into this house is wasting his talent.

⇺⇺⇺⇼⇻⇻⇻

Kindly leave any comments, please.
For any mistakes errors and issues
Please contact me through discord