Vol. 9 Chapter 4 - The Fate of The Masterpiece

I held back my laughter.

Camilla must have been overjoyed when she brought that girl into the castle.

I stared at Camilla and the maid with uneasy gazes like a shy cat, and welcomed the maid in a quiet voice.

“Take good care of her.”

“Y-yes… M-m-mother.”

Camilla returned her gaze to Fiona, who stood there with a proud expression like a stone statue, and exited my bedroom with a very proud countenance.

And after the sound of her footsteps has faded completely.

“My Lady!”

Fiona sobbed gently and wrapped her arms around my waist.

“You’ve succeeded.”

“Yes!”

Fiona nodded and looked up at me with bright eyes.

“I just did everything you told me to do, My Lady, and it all turned out like this!”

“Good job.”

I stroked Fiona’s hair softly as if touching the adorable dog in my arms.

Camilla obviously doesn’t know that Fiona is Penny’s sister.

In the first place, she was not a master who was interested in housework chores enough to see the faces of the family of her commoner maid.

Even Selina herself never met Penny’s family, so would Camilla ever see them?

I relocated Penny’s family and relocated Fiona to the county as soon as the “devil incident” broke out.

It wasn’t too difficult because there were a lot of servants there.

“Wasn’t it difficult getting into the annex?”

“Certainly not, My Lady. I went in with the cleaning staff and no one noticed.”

The commoner servants had little opportunity to meet the Count’s family.

Camilla was fortunate to be staying in a place with lax security, such as the annex.

“I thought I was going to get in big trouble when the Countess caught me stealing……”

I made her do it.

“On the contrary, she gave me a lot of money, and she said she would give me more if I did what she told me to do.”

Fiona would have seen Camilla as a commoner maid blinded by money once she had been caught taking her jewelry.

‘So she’d think she was simple to exploit.’

Camilla did things that way. She believes that money can buy people.

Money can purchase a person’s labor, but it cannot buy loyalty.

Loyalty must be earned, not bought.

“She told me to report your every move to her, My Lady, especially if you met a particular man.”

Camilla, as I suspected, was primarily concerned about the male problem.

“She also asked me to keep an eye on whether or not you were menstruating properly. She instructed me to notify her when.”

“She wants the exact date, too?”

“Yes.”

Now that the portrait has arrived, she appears to be serious about selling me on the wedding market.