Vol. 4 Chapter 9 - I picked it up without even realizing it

I mean, no one would be happy if they heard the word “dog” addressed to them.

I couldn’t imagine somebody would willingly follow someone as arrogant as her.

“My daughter requested that I assign her an escort.”

Oh, it’s finally following the original story’s flow.

I paid close attention to their discourse. In this case, I was curious what Valhail might reply.

“How does that sound? Don’t you want to be a knight who escorts aristocratic ladies?”

Camilla stated it with extra emphasis on the word “knight.”

“I know it would be difficult for you to obtain your knighthood because you were previously a Toono. However, I can provide it to you.”

Camilla quickly offered the term ‘knight,’ which Cedric couldn’t bring up easily.

“Be my person.”

“……”

“I am the person who will rule over the Western in the future.”

I had chills on my arms as soon as she said that.

I never imagined that Camilla was such an ambitious person.

I assumed she was just a wicked stepmother who enjoyed torturing her stepdaughter.

“I will give you the opportunity to experience my glory with me.”

Gosh…… Her pick-up line is just wonderful.

To be honest, a person like Camilla is better suited to become the family’s head than an indecisive knight like Cedric. I couldn’t help but acknowledge her.

“Oho! How dare you not obey madam’s command?”

“Ruben.”

“Please accept my apologies, madam.”

Camilla appeared to have a firm grip on the butler.

Valhail eventually answered after a little pause.

“I’ll give it some thought.”

“Even the way you veer off subject is endearing.”

Camilla came out laughing as she clutched around Valhai’s neck, uttering her goofy uncle-like words.

“You’ll find me on all fours very soon.”

They then walked past Valhail, possibly on their way back to the castle.

‘I didn’t get caught.’

I’m breathing a sigh of relief right now since I was too nervous.

Uhm?”

Camilla came to a halt on her way back.

“I could sense Selina’s scent here.”

Gasp.

I kept my breath held.

“Did you possibly just meet her?”

“That’s correct.”

Valhail responded strongly. It appeared like I was the only one who was concerned about the issue. My heart was racing like crazy.

“She is my daughter, yet she is rather lovely. Don’t you agree?”

Camilla did not seek an answer from it.

“As well as pitiful.”

Camilla added, which immensely eased me. Far from checking, she appeared to be completely ignorant that I was present.