Vol. 11 Chapter 2 - The Heretic's Possession

“Dear my beloved Lady Selina, I hope you’re doing well. Thanks to you, I’m still doing fine and haven’t been caught yet.”

Fiona unfolded the illustrated letter and read its contents with a cheerful voice.

“I’ve heard that my younger eonniter has adjusted well to the Count’s Mansion. Fiona must be very grateful too. Meeting or Lady was a gift from heaven, isn’t it?”

Listening to Fiona’s brazen interpretation of the letter, I chuckled. Fiona kept on reading the content.

“As you were commanded, I found out why Shannon was adopted by Madam.”

It was an interesting piece of news.

“Her name is Lady Felice… and she claimed that she knows Adrian’s biological father?”

Surprised, Fiona lowered the letter and locked eyes with mine.

“Is Lady Felice… Lady Shannon’s biological mother?”

“Yes, it seems so.”

It was quite remarkable how she deduced the name “Felice” from the letter, which coneonnited entirely of illustrations.

“Even though I asked who her biological father was, she didn’t say a word. It looks like Maple Duke was trying to find and kill that man. Look at here, My Lady.”

As Fiona pointed out, the letter depicted an angry maple leaf wielding a knife.

“They said Adrian Duke’s biological father was a fallen noble who had perished. Could it be that he’s still alive?”

That was Camilla’s past, publicly known.

She couldn’t marry the fallen noble husband against Maple Duke’s opposition and ended up raising her child alone.

However, Shannon wasn’t Camilla’s biological child, and it appeared that Adrian’s biological father was still alive.

“Who could be lying?”

Perhaps this woman named Felice might be using me in reverse.

To avoid confusion, I decided to verify everything. It was clean.

“Tell Penny to send me five strands of this Lady Felice’s hair.”

“Yes, My Lady.”

I still had three more disposable bloodline readers given by Cousins.

If needed, he was more than willing to provide them.

‘Adrian’s biological father……’

There was a clue.

“Fiona, could you please go outside and call William for me?”

“Yes!”

⇺⇺⇺⇼⇻⇻⇻

William entered my bedroom, his head hung low. He looked utterly defeated.

I wondered if something had happened at Aina.

‘Has something troubled him?’

William Spencer, once the youngest knight in the White Eagle Knights, had suffered greatly at the hands of the savage barbarians.

Furthermore, after I was kidnapped and returned, he hadn’t mentioned a word, as if it never happened.

Thud.