Vol. 4 Chapter 7 - I picked it up without even realizing it

“M-my lady.”

William instinctively sought to kneel down on one knee as he was surprised.

In this wet ground, how could he even kneel?

I immediately urged William not to kneel, and I looked around before saying.

“Could you try calling him?”

Because I need to keep our presence hidden, I didn’t bring a lantern with me today.

“Yes, I will go and look for him.”

William went straight and rushed after a faithful bow.

I then took a stroll outside the castle, near the guard post, watching the rain splash down on the path where William was passing.

Raindrops splattered on the gray brickwork, forming a path to one side.

‘It appears that the drainage around the castle is well-maintained.’

I was immersed in pointless thoughts at the moment.

In an instant, a tall man stood in front of where I was standing.

He was clearly a member of the Count’s Guard, thanks to his thick blue robe.

“What are you doing standing in the rain?”

A gentle, soothing voice was heard.

The scent hit me like a bomb, and I immediately recognized him.

The scent of herbs was stronger than usual, maybe due to the rain.

When I hesitated, the man drew his hood down, as if to show his true identity.

Rain poured down his muscular forehead and bridge of nose, all the way down to his lips.

For a brief period, I was deaf to the pouring rain.

The scene, which was much too luxurious to be seductive, simply blew me away.

I just gazed at his drenched face, speechless.

“……lady?”

Huh? Lady?

I came to my senses late because of the awkward way he addressed me.

‘It’s a good thing I’m wearing a hoodie.’

Otherwise, he’d catch my gaze, which was mesmerizingly fixed on his.

‘I believe his face is a little too much for me. It’s a complete ruse.’

I should thank Valhail for holding a lantern. I wouldn’t have been able to witness this beautiful scene otherwise.

He took a step closer to me after that, perhaps because he thought it unusual that I didn’t respond.

“Lady Crawford, what are you……”

“What do you mean?” says the narrator. “Are you really going to call me that?” says the narrator.

“……”

Is it possible that he didn’t hear me due to the rain?

I walked him underneath a large tree after waiting for his answer, which never came.

I simply pulled on his sleeve a bit, but he kindly followed me.

Under the large tree, we could stay out of the rain.

“You do know my name.”

Although the sound of the rain nearly drowned out my voice, it appeared like he did hear me this time.