Vol. 10 Chapter 14 - Reunion of the separated families

I didn’t have a slight exaggeration, but I deliberately spat out more thorny words.

If, by any chance, he steps forward to act as a father, all my plans will be in vain.

I had to cut it off in the first place so that I wouldn’t have any lingering feelings.

“You pretended to be there, even though you had no sympathy for me, let alone interest in me.”

Of course, there is no obligation for an uncle to take care of his niece who is left alone.

But while he pretended to be in responsibility, he actually did nothing.

He just enjoyed his moral superiority over others.

“To me, you only pretend to be the saintly warrior who practices fairness and justice……”

Do you know how much people around you sacrificed to protect that noble conscience?

Cedric finally opened his mouth.

“…… Everything you said is right.”

His shaking eyes hung on me like a beggar begging for mercy.

“I knew nothing, Selina.”

You know nothing?

What an easy answer.

His insincere excuse didn’t even make me laugh.

“It is until minors that ignorance becomes an indulgence, Uncle.”

Cedric meekly confessed to me with a painful face as if he had been stabbed with a spear in his chest.

“You right.”

I could read the sadness overflowing in his eyes, but I had already come too far to just let go of the remorse.

“I pretended not to know.”

Oh, you even admit this.

I was a little surprised.

The fact that he had been deceiving himself so far was probably the hardest thing for him to admit.

“I could find out if I wanted to know…… but I didn’t even try to find out.”

Cedric, who had already escaped from shock, continued calmly as if he were confessing.

“I deceived myself that it was best, even though I suspected that the Countess would not be a good parent for you.”

To break down this railing, he took a method of straight-up rectification.

“Every time I saw you, I was distressed. You remind me of Joanna……  Also, you remind me of my brother.”

Cedric had no pretense now. He was being completely honest with me.

“Because you were the daughter of the woman I loved the most with the man I hate the most.”

It wasn’t surprising to hear that Cedric hated his brother.

I didn’t expect a man like Cedric with a close sense of virtue to like Cayden Crawford.

“It is also true that I thought you were a burden.”

I knew it.

That’s why he didn’t like the fight between me and Camilla.

As I had nothing to say, I kept my mouth shut, and only silence flowed in the study.

By this point, the conversation seemed to be over.

“It was the only thing you couldn’t say. Well, nothing will change now.”