Vol. 1 Chapter 6 - Persistence Tragical Story is a Big No

Everyone’s eyes widened when they heard the word “monastery.”

“What do you mean, monastery, my Lady? You can’t possibly go to such a rough place!”

Penny did, in a small way, dissuade me.

“In such a place, a soft girl like you will not last a day. I’m not going to stop you if you’re really determined.”

Cedric seemed to want to see if I was serious about going.

“Are you, by any chance, insane?”

Shannon spit out her inner thoughts without filtering them.

“I am so sorry for upsetting you, Shannon.”

I moved closer to Shannon, hugging her shoulders as she stiffened like a straw doll.

“I will return with some reflection, so please forget about everything you’ve been upset about.”

“……”

“Since you’re the only sister I have. Okay?”

Let’s engage like we’re the best sisters in the world. Shannon looks like she was watching the poop-eating dog show.

She fixed her gaze on me.

I managed to keep my laughter in check because Emma, who was stunned by her side, fidgeting with Shannon’s dyed blonde hair. Then I opened my mouth.

“Shannon, go up to your room. Mother will arrive soon.”

Shannon’s hair was a tangle because she was called out so early in the morning.

“Mother wouldn’t appreciate it if you greeted her with this hair.”

“…… Ah!”

Shannon, who had been stiff, hurriedly greeted Cedric and went up to her bedroom.

“So then, I’ll go pack my luggage.”

“Do you really want to go to the monastery right away tomorrow, Selina?”

“No, I’ll go today.”

“No, but why did you leave so quickly……”

Why did he obfuscate the end of his sentence?

He told me to leave when I was ready, but when I said I was leaving right away, he seemed embarrassed.

“The martial arts event is keeping the monastery very busy right now. So it would be preferable if I arrived as soon as possible.”

“…… for something so insignificant, it takes a month to reflect…… You are not required to stay there that long.”

“It’s okay uncle. Then, I’ll go there and make my decision later.”

Cedric looked a little disturbed when I said I might stay a little longer.

The monastery served as a shelter for those who had nowhere else to go, and also as a place for the troubled children of aristocrats to be educated.

A place where devout servants of God perform penance to prove their sincerity.

It was understandable that he was concerned.

“I’m sorry, uncle, but……”

I naturally looked back at him as I ascended the stairs.

“I have a request for you.”

“…… request? You?”

Cedric’s face hardened for a moment before he hurriedly opened his mouth again.