6. Day at the park

[Brain Damage - Pink Floyd]

17 April 1983

(Sunday)

'YO! GET UP!" Someone was banging aggressively on the door. I buried my head into my pillow and tried to continue sleeping.

Then the door opened and someone came in.

"Hey, wake up." James said calmly.

I looked over to the other side of the room and saw the bed empty.

"Kirk is at work. He doesnt usually work on sundays but he's taking over his coworker's shift just for today." James answered my thoughts.

"Oh.."

"But since we have nothing to do, we wanna hang out with you!" James smiled.

"Fine.." I groaned. I was kinda tired but I appreciated that James wanted to spend time with me.

"Okay, get ready. We'll be waiting for you in the living room."

I opened Kirk's drawer and pulled out a tank that said "Anarchy" in red letters and put on some black jeans.

After washing my face and brushing my teeth I walked down the hall to the living room. They were all sitting there watching TV.

"Okay guys let's go!" James said enthusiastically. It was really nice seeing him this happy.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the park." Lars responded.

We sat down on the grass and talked about our lives until we got bored and decided to get ice cream.

Cliff got mint chocolate, Lars got chocolate, I got strawberry and James got vanilla.

"So do you have a boyfriend?" Lars casually asked me, chocolate on the corners of his mouth and chin.

"Uh, no. Why?"

"Nothing, well who in this whole world would you wanna date if you had the choice?" Lars asked, the chocolate now dripping from his chin onto his shirt.

"Dave Mustaine." James answered blandly as Cliff chuckled.

"Shut up, I'm asking her, you fock!" Lars glared.

"I know. It was a joke by the way, who would wanna date him?"

Lars ignored him and turned back to me.

No way I'm saying Kirk.

"Well uh, Steve Harris I guess. He's pretty cute."

"Interesting, I thought you were gonna say Kirk or something, you just look at him some type of way. It's suspicious." James said, biting the cone.
"Oh uh- no, I only see him as a friend. Nothing else.." I replied.

"Alright, if you say so."

I went back home and showed Nancy all the pictures I took. Hanging out with the boys was really enjoyable.

◇ A/N: Sorry for the crappy filler chapter, I had trouble writing for a long time. The song choice doesn't really have anything to do with the chapter, I just thought it would fit the vibe. Anyway, thanks again for reading :)) ◇