Chapter 29

8:50 pm
Casey's POV:

"Asia those houses aren't anywhere we need to be looking! Puerto Rico? The Caribbean? Why do we need those?" I ask Asia as she sends several homes to Soren.
"Vacation homes duh! I know we need a new home but these could be backups too" Asia tells me as she continues to scroll through properties.
"It's not a bad idea love. At this point I think most of the properties owned by our man are now unsafe" Link says before heading into the the bathroom for a shower.
"Okay I see how they could be beneficial. Let's get some sleep soon. It's been a long day" I tell her over my shoulder as I walk into the closet to get in my pjs. By the time I'm dressed, Asia is gone and Link is laying comfortably in our bed. Before I can reach the bed shouts and gunfire can be heard outside triggering the alarms. We run out of our room, almost colliding with Asia before rushing over to Jacks room. We open the door finding Jack and Misha rushing to get their clothes on. Some glass shatters in the front of the cottage just as Sasha rushes in.
"Safe room?" he asks me
"Our room. In the back of the closet" I say as all of us rush into my room as the front door is kicked open. Sasha and Misha hold the door shut as I open the hidden door, immediately shoving Asia inside.
"Jack get inside now!" I whisper harshly at him.
"Not without Misha. I need him" Jack sobs out
"I coming Prince. Get safe" Misha tells him firmly. Link leaves my side, not before kissing me hard and pushing Misha out of the way.
"Go keep them safe and calm. I'll help your brother" Link tells Misha firmly
"Be safe. Boss kill. You hurt" Misha says before handing over his second gun and saying something to Sasha before rushing to the safe room. Trying not to get upset I pull out two of my knives with hidden trackers in them and give them to Link.
"Come back to me baby" I tell Link before turning to Sasha.
"Protect each other. Both of you need to be there when these little ones arrive" I say before rushing into the safe room, covering g the hidden door before shutting and locking it. I walk towards the main living area where everyone is watching the screens. Another explosion goes off close to the cottage, shattering all of the windows in the kitchen. I can see dead men everywhere when a dozen more rush in armed lie fuckin SWAT. I watch the men move through the house and then drag the bodies out of the way before one of them puts something on the door. What the hell is that?
"Fuck!! C4!" Misha growls while we watch helplessly as our men step back from the door seconds before it's blown to pieces. The force of the blast knocks Link to the floor as Sasha starts firing his weapon at anything that moves. He managed to take out 5 before someone jabs a needle in his neck. Sasha falls limp as Link is still out of it from the blast. A second man jabs a needle into his putting him out of his current misery as both Sasha and Link are dragged out of our room. I can't help the tears that are slowly rolling down my cheeks. I glance at the others noticing Asia and Jack are crying too.
"Shit! Need way out." Misha says to me as four of the men come back and start searching the room.
"Asia there's a tunnel under the ottoman by your feet. Move quickly and quietly. I'm not sure how long we have before they find the hidden door. The tunnel is 10 miles long and connects to the second and third safe homes. Our tunnel connects to the main tunnel. Hurry!" I whisper shout making everyone jump in motion. Asia quickly moves the ottoman and opens the latch to the well lit tunnel. I rush over to the storage locker and quickly grab some essentials as well as more weapons. Misha goes down first, followed by Jack, then me with my bag of goodies. I make sure to move the ottoman back the best I can before shutting and locking the hatch. I type in the emergency code on the panel on the wall to hopefully prevent anyone from following us. I reach the bottom of the latter noticing the others waiting on me.
"Misha we need to set up some traps if anyone makes it past the safe room's security directives" I tell him as I pass him some land mines and wire. Thank god for dirt floors down here.
"Alright you two start walking. He will catch up I promise" I reassure them as Misha starts setting all of it up. They reluctantly start walking down the tunnel. About 20 minutes later Misha catches up with us grabbing Jacks hand to comfort him.
"Misha did you or Sasha tell the guys what happened?" I ask as we pick up our pace.
"Da. May not have service. On plane" he tells me. Shit I forgot about that long ass flight.
"Wait I'll call Liam. They can get in touch with someone in the plane." Jack says excitedly while pulling out the new phone we got the first week we were here. I barely hear the conversation until Jack gasps loudly.
"Oh god! When?" he asks Liam
"Shit thanks for telling me. Please call your guy on the plane and tell them what I told you" Jack says while pacing next to Misha.
"Yes this is a good number if they need to reach us. Thanks Liam" Jack grumbles before hanging up.
"Guys they took Tori" Jack tells us with tears in his eyes causing all of us to stop walking.
"Fuck! Tell me you lying" Asia tells us with a angry look.
"They took her when everyone was distracted by the explosion. No one knew she was gone until a hour ago. Liam is losing his mind his fuckin mind" Jack tells us as Misha wraps his arms around him. Fuck! I can't believe this shit!
"We'll try to get in touch with them when we get to the second safe house. Let's keep moving please" I say while glancing behind us. At least the tunnels are well lit and Misha set those traps are my last comforting thoughts I have before we reach the first mile marker.