Chapter 38

~ 6 weeks later ~

Casey's POV:

Exhausted! That's how I feel 90 percent of the time and the rest of the time I'm nauseous. Six weeks ago we rescued everyone plus a group of prisoners who have since been sent back to their families. Those who had no family were welcomed to work for Malachi or Don Amato. Only a handful stayed with us in our temporary home in Greece. We're currently stuck here for several reasons. The first one being our new home is still having the security systems and outer walls built. Malachi bought the two biggest homes and proceeded with the necessary renovations for all of our safety. He also bought two of the vacation homes Asia was going crazy over. Soren bought one for the two of them and I couldn't be happier for them. I'm snapped out of my daydream by the steady beeping of the machines hooked up to Link. My beautiful Link had to be put in a medically induced coma after he had several seizures a week after he came home. The doctors found his brain was swelling and there was some internal bleeding that they missed when he was first brought back. It was horrible and I cried for 3 days straight until Memphis hobbled in to snap me out of it. Malachi has really been blaming himself for everything that has happened. He tried to be there for me but after Link was put in the coma he shut down and focused on finding Nikolai. Some nights I'd feel him kiss me goodnight at different hours of the night before wrapping me in his arms. But every morning he'd be gone before I woke up. So I focused on this baby and Links recovery hoping my guys will come back to me soon. I look at the clock realizing I've been here for over 5 hours. I have a checkup soon with Asia and Jack so I go to the bathroom again and quietly leave the room. I think Malachi comes in here in the middle of the night cause when I show up in the morning the room smells heavily of his cologne. I make my way to the other side of the clinic where Jack and Asia are waiting to be called back. I sit down in between them and rest my head on the wall.
"How is he doing?" Jack whispers out after laying head on my shoulder.
He's gotten more color back in his face and the doctors said his stats have improved since they reversed the coma last week. They're doing some more scans tomorrow so we will see" I say just as Misha comes barreling in through the other doors with a frantic look on his face until his eyes fall on Jack. He visibly relaxes  before walking over to us and kissing Jack on his lips.
"My prince good?" he asks while putting Jack on his lap.
"Da (yes) babe" Jack whispers back
Asia scoffs without taking her eyes off of her phone.
"Soren come soon. Promise" Misha grumbles earning a quiet nod from Asia. Twenty minutes later Soren rushes in earning a mean side eye from Asia.
"I'm here babe" he rushes out before kissing her cheek. She still throws attitude at him until he picks her up, smacking her ass before putting her in his lap.
"Behave" he tells her firmly as she smacks her lips at him.
Before they got any further our names are called and all of us head back into the big exam room. All of us are getting ultrasounds done today and hopefully we can find out the gender.
"Good morning everyone!! Are we ready to see these babies?" the doctor asks excitedly making all of us giggle at his goofy self.
"Okay Jack you're up first" he says while patting the bed. Misha sets Jack in the bed, taking his hand as the doctor messes with the ultrasound machine.
"Alright this is going to be cold" he says while squirting the gel on Jacks belly.
"Alright here's the heartbeat" Doc says as this beautiful sound fills the room.
"Baby sounds perfect. Now let's see if we can determine the gender" he says in between clicks. The image of their baby pops up on the screen. He moves the doppler lower before stopping in one spot.
"Okay Jack you're having a baby boy" Doc says with a smile as Jack starts sobbing and Misha kisses him. Doc wipes off his tummy as Misha tries to discreetly wipe his eyes. Misha carries Jack out of the room and probably back to their room.