Jude ~ The Ex

You laid awake in bed chewing your lip anxiously, you turned over to face a sleeping Jude, his face so peaceful and his lips slightly parted. You watched him as he slept hoping that he would settle your nerves, however the more you laid your eyes on him the more worried you were getting.

Jude's alarm rang loudly disturbing your train of thought and startling him awake. Jude's eyes flew open and he was met with the sight of your face in front of him. His lips immediately curled into a smile as he turned off his alarm.

"Good morning beautiful." He said pulling you into his chest.

"Morning baby, I hope you slept well." You said smooshed against Jude's chest.

"Yeah I did my love, you been awake long?" He asked still holding you firmly.

"Not very long." You replied.

"Don't be worried about today." Jude said letting you go slightly so he could read your facial expression.

"How did you kn-" you started saying before Jude cut you off.

"I know you like the back of my hand." He chuckled at you softly. "It's going to be fine, nothings going to happen, it's a friendly." He said stroking your hair sweetly.

"I know babe, but he's aggressive and I don't know how he's going to react to you." You say chewing your lip again.

"Don't worry baby, I can handle it, I won, he lost, of course he's going to be bitter about it but he's a professional, he won't do anything out of the ordinary and even if he does, I'll be fine." Jude said placing a quick kiss on your lips before he sat up in bed. "Do me a favour though baby, wear my shirt today, I want him to see you with my name on your back." Jude said winking before he stood up and made his way into the bathroom.

You let out a deep breath, closing your eyes softly, today Jude would be coming face to face with your ex on the pitch. Virgil was known to be an aggressive defender and him being a centre back meant that he would be in direct contact with Jude, you didn't want your boyfriend to get hurt or get into a fight on the field so it was a nerve racking situation.

You pushed your fears down and got up following Jude to the bathroom. You both jumped into the shower, Jude held you close to his body, you stood there with you eyes closed, you felt Jude lay his head against yours, you felt so much love radiating off of him, you couldn't help but feel guilty for putting him in this position.

You finished your showers and got dressed for the game. You wore a pair of light washed loose jeans with a pair of white new balances and Jude's England shirt that you cropped by tucking it up into your bra.

You walked out of your wardrobe, Jude smiled at you brightly. "Wow, my girlfriend is beautiful." He said pulling you into his kiss, you giggled and kissed him back. You held onto his arm as you both walked down the stairs.

Jude makes you both a coffee while you make some scrambled eggs which Jude liked to eat on football days.

You ate and drank your coffees before you made your way out the door. You got into your car which Jude drove, you say back in the passenger seat holding onto Jude's hand tightly.

"It's going to be ok my love." Jude said bringing your hand up to his mouth, kissing the back of it while he kept his eyes on the road. Once you got to the stadium, Jude pulled you into his arms he hugged you tightly and and kissed you lovingly before walking out where the stadium began to fill up. He walked you to your seat placing a kiss on your forehead.

"I'm going to go now baby, I love you, it's all gonna be fine." He said squeezing your hand.

"Ok baby, good luck." You say to him without letting go of his hand.