Chapter Thirty

A week has passed.

The seven soulmates have not seen Aila or Erick. Both texted in separate group chats saying thank you for everything the seven soulmates had done for them

But that was it.

They have seen their cars leave and come back every day but none of the seven have talked to them. And none have had the courage to knock at their door.

Jimin has privately messaged Aila, asking if she was ok. Her responses were too robotic and always the same: I'm fine.

It hurt him. Because he knew she wasn't ok.

The week seemed to drag along. All seven felt their bond flare with frustration and guilt. Those and more emotions seem to make the bond feel heavy and grey.

Their hearts broke for them. It was sad to see such beautiful union come to an end. Not so much that it had ended but how it had ended. Both Erick and Aila deserved to say goodbye to their love with love, affection and understanding. They deserved time for their hearts and their brains to understand an ending had come, yet they will never have the chance. Erick will have regrets and Aila will have scars. They could only hope both of them could find their peace in the end.

Sunday morning a light knock disturbed their breakfast. All seven soulmates stopped what they were doing as their hearts accelerated with the thought of two people who would knock on their door on Sunday mornings.

Taehyung and Namjoon sprinted towards the door, both pushing each other out the way. This was the most reaction both soulmates had all week. This is actually the most reaction any of them had all week.

Namjoon was able to take Taehyung down on the floor as he attacked the younger with tickles. They younger fell to the floor squirming and Namjoon took the opportunity to jump over him and rushed to the door.

Aila jumped when the door flew open with Namjoon stumbling and falling forward. The taller male didn't mean to throw his larger frame on the shorter girl, but Taehyung had launched for his legs as he opened the door, causing him to stumble.

Aila wasn't expecting for the male to fall on her so she stumbled before losing her step and falling backwards with Namjoon following.

The world seem to slow down for Namjoon. He recognized Aila before he lost his balance and fell on her. She had barely looked up from her feet before she was taken down. He tried to protect her, his poor attempt led him to cradling her head with his right arm and her back with his left. He felt the impact as his hands took the weight of them, but he didn't care as long as she was ok.

He landed, cradling her body to his, one leg in between hers. He was flushed against her, the curves of her chest pushed against his chest.

The world slowed down for Namjoon as he propped himself up to check on her and saw how close their faces were.

Her eyes were a beautiful brown with green and some gold specs that seem to up light with the sun. Her lips, thick, now open as soft surprised puffs came out with the rhythm of her chest, movements reminding Namjoon of how soft and plush it felt.

But he couldn't move or look away. He didn't want to move. The warmth, specifically the one between her legs, felt inviting to Namjoon. The way she looked so small under him, the way her body felt soft.

And her eyes.

He had never been so close to her before, her soft breaths hitting his face as they both couldn't look away from each other. He kept staring in to her eyes, feeling captivated.

Aila wasn't prepared, her balanced had been thrown off fairly easily. She expected for her body to feel the hit, but felt strong arms wrap around her to protect her from the it. Namjoon's arm was secured around her waist and her head. She saw how he propped himself off of her a little and looked at her.