Chapter 5

The next morning I grabbed my work bag and coffee cup and was quickly on my way out the door. Today was my first day on a new high profile divorce case and I wanted to get to the office early to prepare. I was also welcome to any distraction from the weekend I had just had.

After Sophie had dragged me to the new gay bar with her, and I had somehow ended up hooking up with a girl I had just met in the bathroom stall, I was obviously confused. I had never been with a girl before, or ever been interested in one, so I was still trying to wrap my head around it. To top it all off, I also had a boyfriend who had no idea that any of this happened. I hadn't even told Sophie, and I really didn't plan on it.

I was driving on autopilot my whole way to the office, all of the thoughts from the weekend swirling in my head. I pulled into my parking spot and walked into the building.

Okay, I thought, time to focus on this case.

Not only was this a high profile case, but there was supposedly some hot shot lawyer that I had to go against. I had heard a lot about her and how she usually got her way, but had never met her or had to face her.

I was pretty good at my job, and hot shot lawyer or not, I felt pretty confident.

I stepped into the elevator and began flipping through my paperwork as it rose up to the law offices that I worked in on the 10th floor. A few floors up, the elevator stopped and the doors opened to let someone else in. This was obviously pretty common in a large office building, so I didn't pay any attention to it or even look up from my papers.

The doors shut and just as I felt like there was a pair of eyes on me, I heard a familiar voice that made my stomach drop. "Well Cas, I didn't think I'd see you again so soon."

My hands froze on the papers I was flipping through and I slowly looked up to meet Jamie's gaze. She looked just as good as she had when I saw her in the club. Her tight pencil skirt hugged her in all the right places, and her shirt was just low enough to tease anyone who looked.

I shook myself out of my daze and tried to find the words I was looking for. "Jamie?!"

"Oh so you do remember my name?" She responded with a smirk.

"I - yes I do...but what the hell are you doing here? I'm on my way up to work."

"I know that," she said coyly, "So am I." She kept her eyes fixed on me, waiting for the realization to set in.

"Hold on," I started, it was all beginning to make sense. "YOU'RE Jamie Callahan...the other lawyer on the Wilson case?"

She nodded back in response, "that would be me, looks like you're going to have your work cut out for you love."

----------------