The finale - Part 1

This chapter will have attempted
sui🙀ide.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Hello, dear..." Someone said, looking at the boy who was laying on the ground, kindly.

"Where... Am I? What is this place? Who are you?.." The boy asked in worry. His eyes widened when he saw the person standing before him had wings, and looked angelic.

Well, that's because the "person" was an angel- The gatekeeper of heaven.

"I know you're scared, but you've been a good person... You made it to heaven, dear." The person crouched down in front of the boy, still smiling calmly.

"I can't believe I really died..." Genya muttered out, looking down at the clouds he was sitting on, sadness written all over his face.

"Death isn't a very scary experience for many people... Sometimes, it is. Right now, you've got two choices. You can either stay here in heaven, or go back down on earth, to your own timeline." The angel said. Their voice was calm, soothing to listen to.

"I can... Go back? Will I be reincarnated..? That means I'll lose all of my memories with my brother, Muichiro and my friends-... Those memories are too precious to me..." Genya said quietly, not sure about what to do.

"Oh, no. You won't be reincarnated- You'll be returned to earth as the person you are now. You know, not many get this chance. Of course, it's up to you to de-"

"Will I be able to see Muichiro again!?" Genya cut the angel off from finishing their sentence, with a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

"Well, not really... We aren't allowed to send you in a timeline which you're not from," The angel started to talk, before thinking for a moment. "But, I suppose we can get you there for a limited time... At max, only an hour- Would that be enough to say goodbye to your friends?"

"It'll be enough... I don't want them, especially Muichiro, to think I died... I mean, I did die but still-! If I'll be going back, I want him to know I'm alive... I don't want him to get depressed... He might kill himself..."

"Alright. It's decided then. But, after the hour passes, a portal to your timeline will open, and you'll return there. You can return back in the past timeline... But only after a certain time passes. It could be days, weeks, months... Or even years. You'll be able to return only when we send an angel to tell you, that you can go back. After that, you'll be free to do as you wish. If you break the rule, though, there'll be a price to pay for it... You won't die, but Muichiro will. I know it sounds unfair, but it's really not. Every action has its results, afterall. But as I said, it's avoidable if you don't break the promise."

"... That's very strict, but... I don't mind. I won't break the rules if it means keeping Muichiro safe, and getting to see him again."

"Alrighty. Now, close your eyes, because there's going to be a very bright light..."

***

Muichiro was still crying, and it was raining.

The others were still very sad about Genya's death, but they got a hold of their emotions and went to tell the people who were hiding that it was safe to come outside.