Chapter 8

"Oh, Muichiro... We cannot do that, after all... Dear, tomorrow you're going to meet your fiancé! Isn't that exciting?!"

"Wha- WHEN DID YOU EVEN- I- I'm going in my room. Where even is Yuichiro?"

"We sent him off to an exchange program. You know, the one we got him into in June. School started yesterday... Now, go get ready, you don't want to leave a bad first impression, right?"

Furious, Muichiro ran inside his room. He wants to scream. What the hell is wrong with his grandparents?! In just a few moments, his life crumbled up... He has to do something. Say something...

He buried his head in his pillow. Just when he thought he could fix his life... It became worse.

Why did they even do it? Maybe they grew tired of Muichiro... Maybe... Who knows?

The prince fell asleep.

After two hours, Muichiro woke and got up.

He forgot what happened earlier.

"I'm going out!" He told Akira. She asked what Muichiro meant, but she was ignored.

"I wonder where Genya would be now?" Muichiro thought.

A few minutes later, he was in the town square. He was wearing his casual clothes... A dress, because he only has dresses. And a pair of trousers he already wore the previous day.

To his luck, he saw Genya. The tall teen was talking to his friends. Tanjiro and Nezuko, to be precise.

He approached from the behind.

"Hello!" He said.

The other 2 froze. What was the princess doing there? They were about to bow down, when they were told not to, by Muichiro.

"Hi." Genya answered.

"How are you? I misssed you!"

Everyone except Genya was confused. Actually, he was also a little confused.

"I'm good... What about you-?"

"I don't know. I feel kind of angry but I forgot why."

"That's... Bad. And uh- what brings you here?"

"Hmmm... I forgot."

"I swear, you have the memory of a goldfish."

"What's a goldfish?" Everyone asked.

Genya sighed.

"I swear... One day I'll go mad. A goldfish is a fish pet that is usually colored golden-orange. It is said that they have a short memory." Genya explained.

"That's interesting." Said Tanjiro.

"I never knew it was possible to have a pet fish!" Said Nezuko is amazement.

"So you were insulting me?" Muichiro asked.

Suddenly, it went silent.

"No. It's just a comparison. And even if I were to insult you, I wouldn't care. I would also laugh, to be precise." Genya said.

"Hey! That's straight up mean..." Muichiro said.

"I'm just not on the side of monarchy, that's all. Anyways, how's your scar?"

"It's a little healed. Thanks for asking. Oh, and... How are you two?" Muichiro turned around to the siblings. They were too stunned to speak.

***

For a few hours, Muichiro, Genya, Nezuko and Tanjiro were hanging out.

They laughed together, made jokes... And Genya taught them some new things.