Chapter 27 - Beach Day (1)

After Genya came back from the bathroom to stop his nose from bleeding...

*

Genya saw Muichiro smiling warmly while playing with the kitten on his lap. Genya blushed at the sight of Muichiro smiling. He smiled, too...

Genya approached Muichiro.

"I'm back." Genya said, still smiling.

"Oh! Genya, how's your nose..?" Muichiro shot his head up as soon as he heard Genya's voice.

"It's okay, it stopped bleeding pretty soon." Genya smiled and sat down next to Muichiro.

"... I still don't understand why you got me Misty as a present... It wasn't my birthday or anything, haha." Muichiro said, looking over at Genya.

"Well, you liked the cats in the cat café and I figured, why not give my best friend a present to make him happy?" Genya said, hesitating while saying 'Best friend'.

"O- Oh... Haha, that was really nice of you..." Muichiro said, quite upset about Genya friendzoning him.

The two shared a moment of awkward silence.

"I think we should get going to the beach now..." Muichiro mumbled.

Genya nodded.

Muichiro put Misty on the couch and then got up along with Genya.

***

At the beach...

***

"Muichiro, are you done putting on your swimsuit?" Genya asked from behind the door, waiting for Muichiro to come outside. He was already in his own, but Muichiro was taking a while to put on his own swimsuit.

"I am... I'm just so embarrassed...! I have never been in a swimsuit, let alone in public..!" Muichiro quietly shouted, screaming on the inside.

Genya chuckled.

"Come on, there's nothing embarrassing about being on the beach in a one-piece swimsuit! Women are out there wearing bikinis, men aren't even wearing swimsuits, they're wearing swimming shorts! You're so much more covered up than the majority of people here!" Genya said, laughing from behind the door.

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A BINIKI IS!" Muichiro shouted.

Genya paused and remembered that Muichiro is from a past timeline, the one that was never written down in history, or it was but was lost with time, where people most definitely didn't know what swimsuits, etc were. He facepalmed in disappointment of himself.

"Okay, I'm coming outside..." Muichiro said quietly and opened the door, stepping outside, right in the hot sand, without his slippers. Muichiro's face became red from the pain, but he didn't act like he was in pain.

Genya noticed that and chuckled.

"You're supposed to wear slippers, Muichiro." Genya said.

Muichiro immediately went back inside and put on his slippers.

"...I knew that." Muichiro said, embarrassed.

"Mmhmm, totally." Genya snickered.

Muichiro blushed and looked away, crossing his arms.

Genya stopped laughing and instead just smiled.

"Let's go to the others now... And don't take off your slippers unless you want to fry your legs like you did earlier." Genya chuckled.

The two were silent for a few seconds and then they went to where the others had set up the blankets or whatever we sit on, when we're on the beach.

Anyways...