Chapter 31

It's about time something interesting and good happens here🧍

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Genya and Muichiro were the first to go through the portal...

The two stepped on the gentle grass, still holding hands.

After a second, Lady Tamayo and Yushiro walked behind the two aswell.

"... That was definitely an interesting experience." Yushiro said.

"Yeah..." Muichiro also said, nodding.

Genya, still holding Muichiro's hand, reached into his pocket and took his phone out. He turned on the light.

He took a glance at the surroundings.

"I think I know where we are..." Genya said.

"That's great." Tamayo said and smiled.

"Lead the way, then!" Muichiro said enthusiastically as he looked at Genya.

"Okay, so... We're supposed to go this way!" Genya started to walk; Muichiro, Yushiro and Tamayo following behind.

After a few minutes of walking, they made their way to the capital. It was dark, as usual. Well, it was because it was night, but everything seemed to be more gloomier. Everything was just... Dark. Not even street lights powered with light magic were on.

"This looks like something straight out of a horror movie, honestly." Genya said, not recognising the city at all. At night, there would always be street lights turned on, but there are none.

"It's most definitely because they believe Muichiro, or specifically the princess has died." Tamayo said, almost immediately analysing the situation.

"Oh, right... I forgot about that part." Genya said.

Even now, he still hadn't let go of Muichiro's hand.

"...At least you have source of light that... Won't disappear when you're not expecting it..." Muichiro muttered out, obviously hinting that using the light spell 'Stanece', would be annoying, as you never know when the ball of light will disappear.

"Yeah, that's a good thing, but uh- Quick thing... Me and Lady Tamayo will assist you two to where you're going, and then we'll go, alright?" Yushiro said.

"Well, me and Muichiro are going to Tanjiro and Nezuko. They're the first people that deserve to know, that we- Muichiro and I are back. And well, thanks." Genya answered, continuing to walk.

Muichiro tightened his grip on Genya's hand.

"I wonder how my brother is..." Muichiro thought to himself.

After a bit of walking, the four people... Actually, two people and two demons, were by the door of the Kamado household.

Genya pondered for a bit, feeling extremely awkward.

"It's the middle of the night... They're probably sleeping... I feel so awkward..." Genya muttered under his breath.

"Do you want me to knock, Genya..?" Muichiro asked.

Even now, Genya and Muichiro were holding hands, their fingers interlocked.

"N-No, it's fine." Genya said, smiling at Muichiro. He then lifted his free hand up, knocking on the door, hoping that anyone would answer the door.

*Knock knock

"Coming!" A voice that sounds like Nezuko's voice was heard. Despite it being nighttime... Nezuko and Tanjiro are night owls, so they're usually awake at this time.