Chapter 2: Thomas's plan was pointless

I was in a love-triangle, and I was at the bottom, with Brenda on the other side.

When Thomas and I started dating again, we didn't feel the need to tell everyone, so we'd kept it a secret. But Brenda didn't know that. She'd flirt with Thomas every now and then, maybe twice a week.

It always angered me whenever she did, but Thomas always reassured me and promised me that he wouldn't leave me for anything. We kept PDA on the down-low and did legit nothing in front of people.

I was always worried about Minho, even though I didn't know him that well. I was still angry about what Teresa did to all of us, and I wanted a bullet in her head.

Newt was still my best friend of all time, and I loved him. Platonically, of course. He always made me laugh and I enjoyed his company a lot.

Though, I enjoyed Thomas's company more because, well, he was my boyfriend and I loved him. And I wouldn't have given him up for anything.

Three months later....

I was shaking. I was pacing. I was sweating. I was scared. Scared for what, you may ask? Thomas. I was scared for Thomas. He, Newt, Vince, Frypan, Harriet, Brenda, and Jorge all went out to get Aris, Sonya, and Minho back, along with other innocent kids.

The mission was dangerous, and that's what worried me. Those past three months I really cherished and loved because Thomas was with me.

Then, my nervousness came to a close when he walked through the door.

He was wearing a blue T-shirt with a brown vest and dark pants with boots. I was relieved he made it back. Thomas closed the door behind him and rushed over to hug me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in his chest, while his arms wrapped around me and he rested his chin on my head.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I said, my voice muffled by the fabric of his shirt.

He pulled away and looked at me, his eyes stopping when they met mine. He looked disappointed and somewhat sad.

"Where's Minho?" I asked.

Thomas shakily sighed, running a hand through his dark hair. He gripped the roots of his hair before letting his arm fall to his side.

"Minho wasn't there."

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it