Chapter 4: Newt has a crush on me?!

I buried my face in Newt's shoulder as I felt his body shaking and a few tears leaked down my back. I felt so bad for him. He'd comforted me for three months, so I knew I had to do something for him in return.

I rocked Newt back and forth, whispering comforting things.

I pulled away and saw Newt's tear-stained face. His eyes were turning red and his face was splotchy, and he was sniffling. I ran my thumb along his left cheek and wiped a tear away, a comforting grin on my face.

A small smile tugged at Newt's lips. I realized that Thomas might've been looking for me, since I'd told him that I was going to see Sonya after we'd left my room.

"I gotta go," I said to Newt. "Thomas might be looking for me."

I kissed Newt's cheek in a friendly way and his face turned pink. I stood up from Newt's bed and strolled over to the door, opening it and closing it behind me.

Newt's P.O.V

Y/N kissed my cheek and I could feel the heat making its way onto my face. She was so beautiful. The way the sun made her E/C eyes sparkle, the way her H/C hair blew in her face when she was outside, the way she seemed so comfortable around me.

There wasn't a single moment in those past six months that I wasn't thinking about her. I loved her, but she loved Tommy. And I never got the courage to tell her how I felt.

But I knew she needed Tommy instead of me.

They were made for each other, and Y/N was happier with him, and if he made her happy, then I wanted her to be with him, just to see that beautiful smile of hers.

I was the only one that knew about their relationship, because, well, I was the one who convinced Tommy to talk to Y/N. If it wasn't for me, they'd both be suffering still.

She stood up and left my room to go find Tommy. I wondered what it would be like if I was in Tommy's spot. If instead of Y/N looking for him, she'd be looking for me.

Instead of Tommy being able to be the one to make her smile, it'd be me. If only I could've told her how I felt, then maybe that would've been a reality.

Your P.O.V

I left Newt's room to go and search for Thomas. I just hoped that I'd made Newt feel better about Minho still being with WICKED. Minho was strong. I knew he'd be okay.

~*~

WICKED had almost found us. But they fortunately didn't. I went to find Thomas, but he wasn't in his room. So I thought I'd stay there until he came to go to bed.

His room wasn't what I'd expected. The only clean part of his room was his made bed. There was paper and supplies and clothes on his floor everywhere, and his walls consisted of maps with circled areas and red strings connecting places.

"I thought I told you to stay out of my room, Y/N," Thomas spoke behind me.

Thomas had always told me to stay out of his room, and I never knew why.

"Thomas! Where were you? I was looking for you!"

"Same here. I thought you said you were meeting up with Sonya."

"I did, but then I went to go see Newt."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you were gone and I thought you were busy. What were you doing anyway?"

"I was in a meeting with Vince to get Minho back. Jorge said that he was in The Last City."

"You were in a meeting. NOW do you see why I didn't tell you?"

"Fair enough," Thomas muttered.

He stepped toward me and put a hand on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.

"You're not mad, are you?" I asked.

Thomas shook his head. He lifted his hand off my shoulder and caressed my cheek with his thumb.

"You need to get to bed, N/N," Thomas said.

His hand fell from my face and grasped my hand, intertwining our fingers. We left Thomas's room and walked to mine without anyone seeing us.

We entered my room and Thomas closed the door as I got under the covers.

He sat on the edge of the bed while I was looking up at him with the sheets tucked up to my chest.

"Goodnight, Y/N. I love you," he said.

"I love you, too," I replied.

Thomas pecked my lips and stood up, walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.

I slipped my socks off and threw them out of my bed. I unbuckled my bra and threw it on the floor. I flopped my head onto my pillow and snuggled up into the blankets, my eyelids becoming heavy as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it