Chapter 20: We enter WICKED with a plan

Newt and I were getting our WICKED guard outfits on for when we entered the facility with Teresa. We wore masks so we wouldn't be noticed.

We had our outfits on but not our helmets, so we could still see each other's faces.

"Nervous?" I asked. Newt shrugged. He then let out a harsh cough and covered his mouth with his hand. He was getting worse.

Newt stood back up to face me and he looked a bit pale. I softly cupped his cheek with my hand before pulling him into a hug. He buried his face in my hair as we slowly rocked back and forth.

"Everything'll be okay, Newt," I whispered. "You just have to trust me."

I felt him nod and he pulled away from the hug.

"Newt, Y/N, c'mon we gotta go," Gally said. I looked at Newt one last time before covering up my H/C hair with my helmet and left for the facility.

~*~

Gally, Thomas, Newt and I were all walking behind Teresa in the facility. We all walked into a corridor with stairs that led up and stairs that led down.

Gally put in some sort of device in the breaker while everyone was by the stairs. I took my helmet off so I could breathe and so did everyone else.

Newt, once again, began to cough. I glanced over at Thomas with a worried look and sick feeling in my stomach. "I'm... I'm fine, Y/N," Newt breathed out.

"Alright," I muttered.

"Gally, you go to level three and get the immunes. We'll meet you up there soon," Thomas commanded. Gally nodded, and made his way to level three.

I put my helmet back on and followed everyone to the elevators, hand-in-hand with Newt. "You sure you're okay?" I whispered. He stiffly nodded.

We entered the elevator and I stood next to Teresa, with Newt and Thomas behind us. Just before the doors could close, a hand reached through, and Janson walked in.

Shuck.

He stood in between Teresa and I, so I was on his right and Teresa was on his left. My breathing became shaky and my limbs felt numb.

My hearing dissipated, muted by the fear of getting caught. After what seemed like an eternity, the elevator doors opened, and I pushed past everyone and walked out.

Thomas and Newt caught up with Teresa and I. "That was too close," I muttered.

We all made our way to sub level three, where Gally was waiting for us. We opened the chambers and let out the immunes. But Minho was nowhere to be found.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it