Chapter 3: I talk with Newt and he cries

I was shocked. How had Minho not been there? He should've been. I could only imagine how disappointed and sad Newt would've been when he realized his best friend was still in the evil grasp of WICKED.

"W-What do we do? We have to get Minho back; we have to."

"I don't know what else we can do. I'll talk to Vince about it."

Thomas kissed my forehead and left my room, the door closing behind him with a soft click.

Thomas had told me about the plan to get him back, and I thought it was flawless. Full-proof. But it wasn't enough, and Minho could've been suffering all alone. I couldn't tolerate the thought of it.

I didn't know Minho that well, but he was Thomas's friend, so he was mine as well. My chest and lungs felt so heavy and tight I couldn't breathe.

I swallowed down my emotions and turned around to look out the window. Vince was giving a speech. I noticed a bunch of kids were okay, so the only one missing was Minho.

Though, I didn't ask if Aris or Sonya were okay. I hadn't seen them in six months, so I needed to know if they were alright.

~*~

"Y/N! I'm glad you're okay!"

I was currently hugging Sonya with the biggest smile on my face.

"I should be saying that to you! You could've died, ya know!"

Sonya and I pulled away from the hug, still smiling. She had her blonde hair in her signature braid, with a gray T-shirt and jeans with boots. "You want something to eat?" I asked.

"I'm okay," She replied. Harriet came up from behind me and said, "I'll take it from here."

I nodded, and left the two best friends to reunite.

Thomas was probably busy, so I went to find Newt. He had a room across the hall from mine, so I had to walk up a flight of stairs to where my room would be.

I drew my hand up and knocked on the door three times, before the blonde-headed British boy answered. His scruffy hair was puffed up on his head, and he wore a brown jacket with a gray shirt and jeans.

His face lit up when he saw me. "Hey, love. Need anything?"

"Just wanted to talk to you and see how you were doing," I said.

"I'm doing fine," He replied, his voice dropping a bit.

I felt sorry for him. I couldn't imagine what he was going through, anxious to see your best friend after six months, only to figure out that you won't see them again for who knows how long.

I knew there was no denying he was upset, so I thought I could try to talk to him about it. I raised my left hand to rest on the door frame and bit the inside of my cheek.

"You wanna talk?" I quietly asked.

He nodded, then stepped aside to let me in his room. His room was neatly organized, his bed was made, and there was no mess on the ground.

I sat on his bed as he closed the door and joined me. Daylight shined through his window and lit up his face.

"Listen, I, um, I'm sorry about Minho," I said.

"It's fine, no need to apologize. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up," He responded quickly. His voice was quiet and shaking, making it sound like he was going to burst into tears at any second.

Now I felt that way, too.

I bit my lip and closed my eyes, a sigh making its way through my nose.

"He's your best friend, Newt. You had every right to get your hopes up," I replied, opening my eyes.

I could feel the tension between us. The air was thick and moist, like someone was about to say something.

I heard a sniffle and looked over at him. His eyes were glossed over and his nose was twitching. I leaned over and hugged him, my arms wrapping around his neck and shoulder as he hugged my waist.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, so quiet I almost didn't hear him.

"It's okay to cry, Newt."

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it