Chapter 13: I meet Gally and Margaret

My blood ran cold, and time froze. How was Gally alive? Thomas seemed to have killed him, but there he was, standing before everyone. "Hey, Greenie," He said.

I took a slow step toward him, my breathing steady. "G-Gally?" I whispered. "H-How are you alive? I could've sworn you died."

"No, you left me to die," He said.

"Well, we didn't really have much of a choice, seeing as your face shouldn't look normal right now," I shot back.

Thomas grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him, his arm out protectively.

"You know this guy?" Jorge asked.

"Yeah, he was an old friend," Frypan answered.

"If we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now. What're you doing here?" Gally asked.

"Minho," Newt answered. "WICKED took him," I said, "and we need to get him back. We think he's here, but we're looking for a way in. Think you can help us, Eyebrows?"

Gally rolled his eyes at the nickname, but a smirk lingered on his lips. "Follow me," He said.

I started walking toward him when Thomas grabbed my arm with an iron grip. "You aren't gonna actually go with him, are you?"

"Of course I am. This mission is all about Minho, isn't it? He's just trying to help, Tom. I know he's done some things in the past but we should let it go. You should let it go."

"She's right," Gally replied. "I'm sorry for what I did, but if you want my help, come with me."

Thomas stayed silent for a bit, then nodded his head. "Alright. Where to?"

~*~

Gally explained to us that these people found him and took care of him. He also told us that we were going to meet someone named Lawrence. "Try not to stare," He said.

Before we entered the room, Gally turned to me. "And Y/N? You've got some blood on your head." I'd forgotten about when we'd flipped over in the car at the Crank tunnel, and my blood had dried over time.

"Someone can clean that," He said. A woman with long, dark brown hair and skin with eyes so brown they looked black came up to me. "C'mon," She said, her voice as soft as silk.

Thomas and I locked eyes as I walked down the corridor with the woman. Gally led them into a room and shut the door behind them, obscuring any view I had of them.

~*~

The woman led me to a small office with clean supplies. She offered me food and water and cleaned my bloody forehead and helped me wash my hair.

I was eating a granola bar in silence with her while sitting on a desk chair. "What's your name?" I asked to break the awkward silence.

"Margaret," She answered. "You?"

"Y/N."

"So, who's this Minho boy?"

"He was my friend. I didn't know him very well, though. My boyfriend and my friends know him, though." I didn't think there'd be any harm in telling her that I had a boyfriend.

"World's kinda crazy, right?"

"Yeah," Margaret nodded. "With the Flare and the Cranks and all."

Awkward silence bestowed between us once again. "You lose anyone to the Flare?" She asked quietly.

I began to wonder, had I lost anyone to the Flare? I'd lost my memories, so I wasn't sure.

"Don't know," I answered. "I can't really remember anything. WICKED took my memories. I have some history with them."

Margaret sighed and closed her eyes, leaning her head down. "I lost my family. Watched them go crazy, one by one," She whispered.

"Do you know what it's like to be the only one who's immune in your family?" She looked back up at me with tears in her eyes.

"To have to be the one to shoot an innocent child in the head?" Her lips quivered, and a tear ran down her cheek.

"Margaret, I... I'm sorry."

She sniffled. "Surprised you knew Gally. He your boyfriend?"

I shook my head with a chuckle at the thought of Gally being my boyfriend. "No, Thomas. The handsome one with the dark hair?"

She nodded. I set my granola bar wrapper on the desk and wiped the crumbs off my shirt. Soon, the door opened, and Thomas came into the room.

"We're getting into WICKED," He said.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it