Chapter 6: Thomas tries to leave without me

I was confused and shocked. Where had he gone? Where could he have been?

I stepped out of the bedroom and quietly searched for Thomas. I made my way through the main lobby where people were peacefully sleeping in their hammocks.

Then I remembered. He'd said something about Minho being in The Last City. What if he....

I was about 10 feet from the stairs that led to the parking lot when I saw Thomas. He had a backpack and was making his way toward the ladder.

"Thomas?"

He turned around. I couldn't see very well from the darkness of the night, so I stepped toward him. He was wearing his jacket, with a blue shirt and cargo pants.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

Thomas sighed.

"Y/N, you need to go back to bed."

"I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep," I shakily replied, the image of drowning still fresh in my mind.

"I went to your room but you were gone. You aren't leaving, are you?"

Thomas looked down in guilt with his eyes closed. "Please. Don't leave me."

"I'm sorry," He whispered, looking back up at me. "I'm so sorry. I have to go. I'll come back; I promise."

Thomas turned around but I grabbed his hand and squeezed as hard as I could. He turned back and looked at me.

"Thomas, you know what's out there! What if WICKED finds you? I won't be able to protect you."

"I don't need you to protect me. I'm the one who has to protect you, the one who has to keep you safe, even if it costs me my life."

I sighed. Thomas stepped forward and hugged me. I squeezed him as hard as I could.

I pulled away from the hug and looked him in the eye. "Then take me with you. Please."

Thomas shook his head. I didn't wanna let him go. I couldn't. We'd been through so much. I gave Thomas the look that said 'you can't do anything that'll make me change my mind.'

After about twenty seconds, Thomas sighed.

"Okay," He whispered, so quiet I wasn't sure if it was him. He kissed me on the lips and pulled away.

We both climbed the stairs and started walking toward the car when a British accent broke the silence.

"Where do you two think you're going?" A light turned on, and there stood Newt.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it