Chapter 26: Newt moves on to the next life

My stomach dropped. My blood ran cold. My heart went numb. My lungs refused to function. Newt was a Crank. A blood-thirsty Crank. We ran out of time.

"Newt..."

He screamed a horrid sound that pierced my ears and lunged at Thomas and I. Thomas managed to dodge out of the way, but Newt landed on me. I rolled Newt off of me and he coughed out black goop.

Something in his eyes changed back to the innocence that they held. I stood up next to Thomas in horror of what was to come. "N/N....Kill me!"

Tears flowed from my eyes and down my face. No way would I kill my best friend. Newt changed back to his Crank-insanity and charged at us both.

He landed on top of me and was trying to claw at my face. Thomas was trying to pry him off of me while I was trying to keep his hands away from my face.

"Newt! Please stop! Please!" I yelled. Newt's face softened. "I...I'm sorry, Y/N." My breathing was heavy, and so was his. "It's okay," I shakily replied.

He took out a pistol from a gun holster on my thigh and aimed it at his head.

"No!" I smacked the gun out of his hand and rolled him across the floor and away from me. Thomas helped me stand up and stood in front of me in a protective manner.

I held onto Thomas's arms as Newt viciously coughed and black goop dripped from his mouth. I was afraid of what Newt could do to Thomas and I.

Newt stopped coughing and slowly pulled out a knife from a holster on his thigh and came charging at us. He managed to slice Thomas and sent him tumbling backwards. Newt hopped on top of him and dug the knife into Thomas's chest.

Thomas screamed out in agony. My feet were glued to the floor and my body froze. I was trapped in a trance.

I snapped back to reality and lunged at Newt from the side. I rolled him off of Thomas and sent us tumbling on the ground. I managed to stand up before Newt and backed away from him.

Of course, he quickly recovered and jumped to his feet. He came at me with the knife while Thomas tried to protect me. Newt punched him square in the face, sending him tumbling backwards.

Newt then charged at me with an inhuman scream and went to stab me. His body collided with mine. I was ready to die. But I didn't feel the pain of being stabbed in the stomach.

Newt gripped onto the back of my shoulders and his breathing hitched in his throat. He gasped, and I pulled away to see the knife lodged deeply into his stomach.

We both looked up at each other in horror. I forgot how to breathe. Newt gasped once again, before his final words were softly uttered from his black-stained lips.

"I...I love you, Y/N."

Then he fell backwards and landed in the cold arms of death.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it