Chapter 7: Car rides, yay

Newt stood there with a little smirk on his face, as if he'd known Thomas was leaving. My mouth stood slightly agape and Thomas looked shocked yet disappointed simultaneously.

"Newt..."

"Don't be a shuck about it," Newt said, making his way toward us. He looked at Thomas, then at me, and his face softened, but quickly returned to the little smirk he wore before.

"I'm already in. C'mon."

He grabbed a bag on the desk and made his way toward the car.

"Newt," I began. "I don't think it's a good idea if you come with us. What happens if you get seriously hurt? What'll we do then?"

Thomas came up behind me.

"Y/N's right. Even if we find Minho there's no guarantee we'll make it back from this," He said.

"Newt, just stay here. You'll be safe if just Thomas and I go. Better off just two people going out there then three," I said, stepping toward Newt.

"Who said it was only three?"

He walked toward the car and opened it, revealing Frypan in the driver seat.

"Shuck," I whispered.

I glanced over my shoulder at Thomas. His eyes locked with mine, and he sighed, nodding his head slightly.

I looked back over at Newt, who was now leaning on the car with his arms crossed. I wrapped my hair behind my ears and took a step toward him. I crossed my arms and sighed

"Welcome aboard," I said sarcastically. Newt scoffed, shaking his head.

~*~

Newt's P.O.V

While driving to WICKED, Frypan drove the car and Tommy was in the passenger seat, while Y/N and I were sitting together in the back. I was very flustered, but I hid it as best as I could.

During the drive, Y/N fell asleep on my shoulder. A stray piece of her H/C hair fell in front of her face. I chuckled, and wrapped it behind her ear. She mumbled something in her sleep and cuddled up next to me.

She laid her head on my chest and I wrapped my right arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me.

I rested my head in the palm of my left hand and looked out the window, glancing down at Y/N's sleeping form every now and then. I didn't know how long it'd been, but Y/N started to grip my shirt and quietly whimpered, thankfully no one else heard her.

She started to breathe heavily and her whimpers became louder, no one heard her though. I softly rubbed her arm in an attempt to calm her down, but she suddenly jolted awake with a gasp.

I looked over to see if anyone heard, but Frypan was too focused on the road and Tommy was too focused on the map to notice.

"Newt?" Y/N whispered.

"Nightmare?" I softly asked.

Y/N nodded, rubbing her eyes and yawning. "How much longer?" She asked.

"A few hours. Sit tight, guys," Tommy replied.

Y/N groaned, then flopped down into my lap. "I'm going to die of boredom." I chuckled, and stroked her soft H/C hair. She looked so beautiful.

"Well, what do you want to do?" I asked.

Y/N pondered the question, then shrugged. I laughed. She was so cute. I wondered what her nightmare was, and why she seemed so scared.

"What was your nightmare?" I quietly asked. Y/N frowned, then sat up and pulled her right leg up to her chest and rested her chin on her knee.

"I don't think it was a nightmare, it was more of a memory."

"What was it?" I asked.

"I think I was getting put into the Maze. Weird how they decided to send up a girl instead of a boy. Anyways, Thomas kissed me before I left."

I didn't hear anything after that, because my world came crashing down. Y/N was with Tommy before the Maze, so she loved him then and she loved him now. I knew I had no chance, especially after those words left her lips.

When she was done talking, I nodded as if I was listening.

"I'm sorry about your nightmare," I said.

Y/N smiled at me, then leaned her head back and closed her eyes. "I'm gonna try to get some more shut-eye," She said.

I looked back out the window and sighed, wishing that I could call Y/N mine. But I guess we can't all get what we want.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it