Chapter 5: I have a nightmare of the past

It was late; Around midnight. I was fast asleep, my hair was matted, I tossed and turned, an occasional snore left my lips. I was sleeping, re-energizing for any chaos that could possibly happen in the morning.

I wasn't dreaming, just sleeping. Cool air seeped through my open windows and blew the curtains around, my bed creaked with every move that I made in my sleep, my blankets tousled in strange positions.

The night was silent and peaceful. Everyone and everything was calm, with everyone asleep. Then, the nightmare came.

~*~

"Thomas!" I screeched. "Thomas! Please don't let them take me! Please!"

People were pulling me away from Thomas. I screamed and yelled and pushed and kicked and punched. My throat was shredded from screaming and my body hurt from pushing to reach him.

Tears were pooling down my face and seeping into my clothes. WICKED guards were holding me back from reaching Thomas, but I tried to fight them.

Thomas stood and watched, Dr. Ava Paige standing behind him with her hand on his shoulder. Tears were spilling down his face, his bottom lip quivered, his face and eyes were red, and he was shaking.

Thomas slowly walked over to me and I stopped struggling; The guards also stopped moving. A small smile tugged at his lips. Not an evil smile, not a forced smile, but a comforting smile.

He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and his thumb lingered on my cheek. He leaned forward and softly kissed me. Janson scoffed in the corner.

Thomas pulled away and looked at me, his eyes glassy and ready to cry again.

"I'll see you soon, Y/N," He whispered.

My eyes widened. He was letting them take me away.

"I love you," He finished.

The WICKED guards started pulling me backward again toward the clear glass cylinder.

They threw me inside it and I started to hyperventilate, the air being forced from my lungs. Water started to fill up the cylinder, rising up my ankles.

The water was cool and calming, and I was lost in its trance until it reached my knees, when I came back to reality and realized I might lose Thomas forever.

I banged on the glass with my palm and began to cry. The water had reached my thighs. I screamed for help and cried Thomas's name. The water had reached my waist. I screamed and yelled incoherent words. The water had reached my chest, and I was rising in the cylinder.

The water drifted up my neck and shoulder and soon my face was covered. My eyes burned and water had run up my nose, but I was still screaming and pounding on the glass. Bubbles of air came out my mouth and nose.

Soon, my lungs were aching and felt tight, like someone and grabbed them and were squeezing them. My head started to hurt and my lungs were giving up on me. I closed my eyes and accepted that I was drowning to death.

Then I passed out.

~*~

I woke up with a gasp. My body was drenched in sweat and my face was wet with tears. It was just a dream, I kept telling myself. But it felt so real. It felt more like a memory than a nightmare.

I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, so I went to find Thomas.

I ripped the blankets off and stepped out of my bed. The floor was cold, and I winced as my bare feet touched the floor.

I can't go looking for Thomas while I look like I just woke up from a 100-year slumber, I thought to myself.

I changed into my brown jacket with a white T-shirt and black leggings with boots. I quietly exited my room and made my way down to Thomas's room.

I knocked on his door and entered the room, but when I walked in, he was gone.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it