Chapter 14: Brenda is suspicious of my love life

I was a bit shocked, but overjoyed at the same time. Minho could escape. WICKED could be destroyed. I glanced back over at Margaret and she seemed happy.

I leaped up from my chair and raced over to Thomas. "We can get in?"

"Yeah. I've got a plan. Come with me."

We walked out of the door and made it to a room with Brenda, Jorge, Frypan, Newt, Gally, and a man with a missing nose and eye with dozens of other people.

Thomas grabbed my hand and walked me toward everyone.

"Y/N, this is Lawrence. Lawrence, Y/N." Lawrence reached his hand out for me to shake.

Is this even sanitary? I slowly stuck my hand toward him and shook his hand. I glanced over to my right and noticed what seemed to be a vault door in the ground.

Gally walked over to it and reached down, lifting up the top with his strong arms.

They decided to take Thomas, Newt, and Gally to WICKED. Thomas was about to jump down the tunnel, when I grabbed his hand.

"Thomas?" He looked over at me.

I pulled him into a soft hug. "Be safe," I murmured.

"I will," He quietly replied.

I pulled away from the hug and glanced over at Gally and Newt. Newt had a displeased look on his face, as if he was jealous. That doesn't sound like Newt to be jealous.

"Be safe, Newt," I said to ease the tension. He stiffly nodded.

~*~

Brenda and I were sitting on a bed in a small room. It had a dresser in the corner, a worktable with a desk chair, and a bed. I was reading a book that they offered me called The Hunger Games.

It was about a girl named Katniss Everdeen who volunteered for the annual Hunger Games to save her sister. I found it very interesting, and Brenda was silent so I could read better.

Katniss was just saying goodbye to her family when Brenda decided to say something.

"Y'know, you've been awfully close to Thomas lately. What's up with that?"

My blood ran cold, and I slowly closed the book and looked over at her.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you've been awfully close to him. You two were cuddling in the car, you held his hand on the way down here, and you stopped him before he could leave and gave him a hug? Y/N, I don't think friends do that."

"But we are friends! Best friends, even!"

"But I thought Newt was your best friend?"

"You can have more than one best friend."

Brenda narrowed her eyes at me. "If you two are dating, you can tell me."

The words almost slipped off my tongue, but I needed Thomas's consent in order for me to tell Brenda something so important as having a boyfriend.

"We're not, so I don't have anything to tell you."

I opened my book and began to read.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it