Chapter 18: I have, yet another, dream of the past

Thomas and Gally left to go kidnap Teresa, so I went to my room. Surprisingly, Brenda wasn't there. Probably with Jorge. Those two are practically family.

I flopped onto the bed bored out of my mind. Newt was fighting the Flare, I wasn't even 100% sure where Brenda was, I wasn't very close with Jorge, Thomas and Gally were kidnapping Teresa, and I had nothing to do.

This has been an exhausting day. Maybe I should just take a nap.

So I did, and dreamt of another memory.

~*~

{A/N: Again, some Fever Code spoilers}

Thomas, Teresa, Minho, Alby, Chuck and I were all hanging out in the small storage room together. Of course, Alby and Minho were wrestling on the ground. Newt, Teresa, and Chuck were having a conversation. Thomas and I were sitting together in silence.

Well, as silent as two wrestling boys in the background could get.

We were all about 14-15 years old; Chuck being about 11-12 years old.

"So, um," Thomas began, "how was your day, N/N?"

"It was fine. Hanging out with you was probably my favorite part of the day."

Thomas smiled while his cheeks practically caught on fire. I was wearing a white T-shirt and jeans. Yes, that sounds like an average piece of clothing, but the room was cold and T-shirts aren't exactly the greatest clothing you can wear in those conditions.

My arms and body grew cold, and goose bumps rose on my arms. Thomas obviously noticed. "C'mere."

He pulled me into his chest and I snuggled up in his warmth. Thomas's hand rubbed up and down my arm in a comforting manner. We'd been friends for longer than I could remember, but we'd never sat that close to each other.

With me being single and all and Thomas being my best friend, I was very flustered by sitting so close to him.

Alby managed to hold Minho underneath him and Chuck slammed his hand on the floor three times.

Alby stood up with his hands in the air and shouted, "Victory is mine!" Minho stood up and wiped the dust off his clothes while cursing under his breath.

~*~

After everyone had said goodnight and were heading back to bed, Thomas and I stayed cuddled on the ground. Minho, Alby, and Chuck had crawled through the small hole that led to the barracks, but Minho poked his head back through and looked at us.

"You going with Teresa, dude? You're gonna be caught by the cameras if you don't leave."

Teresa piped in. "We actually have a few minutes left, but only a few." She winked at us, then left.

"I... I think I'll stay here for a few more minutes."

Minho shrugged with an understanding look on his face, then crawled back to the barracks. I yawned, then longed for my comfy bed and meeting up with Harriet, Sonya, and Miyoko.

I stood up and wiped the dust off of my jeans and started toward the door.

"Wait, Y/N!" I turned around when Thomas grabbed my hand. "Please stay. Just a little longer. Please."

"Thomas, I gotta go. We'll see each other next week, okay?"

That wasn't enough to convince him to leave me alone. He  hesitated, then started toward me and cupped my face. His lips captured mine in a soft yet sweet kiss.

I wasn't quite sure how to respond, so I kissed him back. Thomas slowly pulled away from me and rested his forehead against mine.

"Will you be mine, Y/N?"

"W-What?"

"Will you be mine?"

"I-I..."

~*~

I was shaken awake. My eyes slowly fluttered open to the sight of Thomas's lovely face. I'd somehow shifted in my sleep to lay on my side.

"Y/N, c'mon, we got Teresa."

I took a deep breath, then closed my eyes. I didn't wanna hear about Teresa.

"Y/N, get up."

I still refused to move. Thomas was silent for a moment. Finally. He'll stop annoying me.

Thomas jumped on top of me and moved my head so it was facing upwards. He then peppered my face with kisses, which made me giggle and open my eyes. I flipped Thomas over so he was underneath me. We just stared at each other for a bit, and Thomas smiled, so I gave him a proper kiss.

"We gotta go talk to Teresa; Stop distracting me!" Thomas said. I laughed.

We stood up, gave each other one more kiss, then left my room to go meet Teresa.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it