Chapter 15: I have another dream of the past

Brenda eventually fell asleep, but I stayed awake pondering my thoughts. Thoughts like if Newt was really jealous or if I should've told Brenda I was with Thomas instead of lying to her.

I didn't really come to a conclusion with either, and ended up falling asleep afterward. But, I did have a dream.

{A/N: This part has a bit of Fever Code spoilers}

Thomas and I were sitting in my room. He was done with school and left Chuck and Teresa to watch the Gladers by themselves. I had just gotten the news I was going to be put into the Maze.

Horrifically terrified would've been an understatement for how I was feeling. Thomas and I had been dating for a little while and it broke both of our hearts to depart from each other.

Ava Paige told me she was sending me into the Maze to see the Gladers' reaction for having a girl sent up and to test their Killzone. I didn't have a choice to agree or not, so Thomas and I were spending the night to get as much time together as possible.

I was currently cuddled on Thomas's chest while his protecting arms were wrapped around me, stroking my H/C hair as he told me stories. He was currently telling me a story about a girl named Cinderella and her evil step-mother and step-sisters.

Her fairy God-mother had come and was giving her a whole new dress to wear to the ball. My heart was still in my throat about leaving Thomas and joining the Glade filled with about 50 boys.

"...She turned a pumpkin into a carriage and turned Cinderella's mice into horses," Thomas said. "That's not possible, Tom," I joked looking up at him.

He laughed and flashed his smile I fell in love with. "It's a fairy-tale story, Y/N. We're throwing possible things out the window."

I sat up and sighed, Thomas's chocolate eyes sparkling with happiness.

"If only we lived in a fairy-tale. Maybe none of this would've happened," I whispered.

Thomas's lips slowly turned downward and his eyes no longer were filled with glee. "I know," He said. "I'm sorry we don't."

I bit my lip and closed my eyes, leaning my head down. I felt Thomas shift on my bed and his arms wrapped around me, pulling me into a warm hug. My arms wrapped around his waist and I buried my face into his chest.

"Please don't let them take me, Tom. Please."

"I can't. I wish I could but I can't. I'm sorry, Y/N."

I pulled away and Thomas looked down at me. We both leaned in and connected our lips. 

I pulled away and leaned my forehead on his, my eyes still closed. Thomas kissed my cheek and leaned back onto the bed. I rested my head on his chest and his arms wrapped around me.

Soon enough, we fell asleep.

~*~

I awoke to Brenda shaking me awake. "Y/N. Get up."

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I rubbed my face with my hand. Yawning, I asked her, "What time is it?"

"Late enough for you to be awake. C'mon, get moving. Ya never know when Thomas, Newt, or Gally might be back."

I groaned and told her, "Give me five minutes," then sat up and got changed. Groggily opening the door, I found a bathroom and brushed my teeth then went down to the lobby to have breakfast.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it