23: Basically a Nightmare

Chapter Twenty Three: Basically a Nightmare But It's Real

Kieran

"What do you think? Feel okay?"

It fit. I wasn't sure it would. I thought it might be too big. But it fit. Barely. (heeheehee)

I stood in front of a full length mirror attached to the back of the dorm door. A head of black  straight hair, longer than you'd think, lay on my shoulder. He didn't have to reach too far down to connect with me, because he was only a handful of inches taller. His dark eyes took in my reflection, and nodded.

"You look good, Kieran. I'm glad I brought my extra suit. I thought it was dumb at the time, but my dad insisted. "

"Thanks for letting me borrow it, Remmy." I smoothed down the suit coat over my stupid vest. The extra bulk helped actually.

"Of course."

He kissed my cheek and sat back on his bed. Remmy had a single room, which was pretty unusual I guess at school. Mina had one too. When I asked why he was granted this perk, he shrugged and said no one wanted to room with him.

"I'm an alpha, but ... I'm also a lone wolf." His dark eyes twinkled. "My pack sent me here because they wanted to get rid of me." He chuckled, when I flinched. "Just kidding Kieran. They didn't think I'd get far with Mina as the Keystone Luna. I've known I was gay since I was a little kid, but I asked to come anyway. All alpha school, mostly boys. What's not to like? A gay fox in a henhouse."

He smirked as I sat down on the bed next to him, laying back a little and pulling me between his legs so we were together, his arms around me. It was how I sat these days with almost any alpha who I was close with. We couldn't seem to be in the same physical proximity without touching, which was difficult because I sat with seven alphas. And it was impossible for me to sit in all their laps at the same time. It made meal times so awkward that I stopped eating in the cafeteria, and only had food in Parker's room. He was good about respecting my personal space during the day. I'm guessing because he's older, he has more practice not giving into his impulses. But also, he wasn't flooded with teenage hormones like the other alphas here.

We ate happily enough in his suite, talking about school or life, him giving me as much advice as he could to help me feel more confident as the Keystone Luna. Each in our own chairs, not physical at all.

But when we slept together every night, he made up for the lack of touching. Not that we touched each other below the waist. We didn't. I couldn't. He shouldn't. We didn't kiss either. Still, I wouldn't quite call it simple cuddling. Definitely a little more ...charged... than that.

I was so grateful for Remmy though, when he asked me after Convocation if I had a suit to wear for the formal dinner tomorrow, and when I said I didn't, he offered me his.

So here we are. Laying on his bed.

"I should take off the suit," I said, not moving a muscle. "It'll get wrinkled."

"Mmmm..." he agreed, but didn't take his arms from around me.

I tried very hard (sorry) not to think about what we'd done together weeks ago, and how it was my first time touching myself, touching his hand as he touched himself. I must have been crazy to do it. But it was also right after Will alpha-ed me, and I was angry and upset.

As I lay against Remmy's chest, his black hair again brushed my shoulders. It was long, almost to his mid back, but he always wore it tucked up on a pony tail, with only chunks of bangs in his face that ended at his chin. Without really thinking, I turned over, so we were chest to chest, and ran one of my hands through the silky waterfall, from his scalp downwards. He closed his eyes and smiled.